chapter 12

it was now monday afternoon, the weekday after the semi-final game. seulgi was casually strutted down the hall, heading to her dorm to grab her wallet to get lunch in her school uniform, only this time she's wearing yellow converse highs instead of her usual timberlands, sunglasses, and her yellow leather jacket. jisoo was with her as well since their rooms were next to each other.

as they walked, seulgi had the weekend replaying in the back of her head. she really does like irene's company.

when she woke up on saturday morning, she had a bad hangover and joohyun was there to help her get through it. she had made her soup and gave her some medication. after two hours of laying down and munching on food, she felt completely better.

after that, they spent the day in doing homework and watching movies. irene even signed seulgi's new arm cast a few times. they had so much fun together. it was all seulgi could think about during the team's sunday morning workout. it was like she was high on joohyun's care for her. it wasn't hard to see that her and the brunette cared for each other, especially now.

for a while now, seulgi didn't think she could care for a girl as much anymore. after chungha, seulgi decided she'd only care for herself and for a while, she did. after all the girls she's been with, she barely ever gave them time of day once they opened their legs.

then again, joohyun has always been different. seulgi never ever fought for any other girl. she could tell you it was because she needed to defend her honor, but she'd be lying. it was because bogum needed to know his place and never talk about joohyun as if she was filth on the floor.

the bruised rib was definitely worth it.

she needed to see joohyun again. being away from her—as corny as it is—felt like years instead of just two days. the brunette runs through her mind constantly.

"seulgi? are you there, dude?" jisoo asked, finally snapping her out of her thoughts.

"huh? what was that, soo?" the taller finally turned to her.

"i asked you what the hell's going on around your dorm room?"

the kang girl furrowed her eyebrows as she looked up. jisoo was right, something was going on. there was a crowd forming around it. she pushed through the teenagers and froze at the scene.

the hockey captain's door was trashed with old, shriveled up eggplants, girls' underwear, and condoms filled with white lotion. anger shown in her body language, "who the fuck did this?!"

suddenly, a small boy came out and spoke up, "kim taehyung and park bogum did it. i saw them do it, seulgi-san."

kim taehyung, jisoo's younger brother and jennie's twin brother. she never personally had a problem with him, but trashing her door that she shared with wendy is something she could never go for. the girl was livid.

she looked around and saw a baseball player with a wooden bat and smirked, walking over and taking it.

"i'll get you a new one." she said before heading outside, bat hanged around her shoulder.

irene was sitting at the lunch table, eating steamed dumplings with jennie, and roseanne until just chatting about the recent math test they took until she was interrupted by a panting jisoo. "joohyun—shit—hold up..seulgi outside..wooden bat..parking lot.." the basketball player panted out, making the three girls get up and run as fast as possible.

meanwhile seulgi was outside, swirling the bat by the skinny end, waiting for the two boys, right next to taehyungs's white mercedes. bogum and taehyung walked out with a smirk as they saw her state of emotion.