No tears left to cry

Start from the beginning

Both boys were sitting crisscrossed- hands laying in their laps and eyes piercing through each other's. If someone decided to come in, they'd think that they were doing some sensual meditation, or perhaps wordless flirting. But in reality, Jimin was trying to grasp for words that would explain the entire situation more gently to someone as skittish as Jungkook, while Jungkook was trying not to open his mouth and ask why Jimin looked so horrible, since the answer was obvious. He was in prison.

"Okay, so.." Jimin trailed off awkwardly, pressing his hand against the back of head head and rubbing the spot there, "Basically, I'm gonna give you a quick, easy rundown of what has happened- I wanted to escape this place since day one, and I found out that Min Suga..do you know him?" Jimin cut himself off mid sentence to make sure Jungkook knew who the gang leader was.

Jungkook's brows pinched together and nose scrunched up, he caressed the rips in his jeans with his fingers before bouncing his head up and down, "I've heard people talk about him."

Jimin hummed and intertwined his fingers in his lap, "Okay, so Suga, aka Yoongi, was about to escape the prison and I wanted to come with him. Yoongi and I made a deal and agreed to break out together. After a bit of fucking, kissing, dating, we ended up hating each other because I found out that he was a piece of shit liar, who was the reason I'm in here in the first place. Turns out that fucker was trying to get to my gang through me in order to kill them, talk about scumbags."

Jungkook looked like a lost deer after listening to Jimin ramble about what had happened. His lips parted a few times to try and release a sentence of words, but his tongue went limp in his mouth.

Beats of silence drummed in the rhythm of their pounding hears, and Jungkook, finally, cleared his throat, "I don't see how I should care whether Suga kills your gang or not. I hate them, Jimin."

"No, you don't." Jimin immediately uttered back with thin lips and an empty stare. He could feel his heart slam against his ribs and beads of sweat begin to form on his skin. Jimin knew the truth was about to be spilled, and he didn't know if Jungkook was ready to be submerged in the ice cold container filled with waves of truth.

The crease between Jungkook's brows increased and lips parted to speak, a thin string of saliva connected his thin lips, only to be swept away by Jungkook's tongue, "I hate them." Jungkook spoke through gritted teeth, not hiding the anger in his voice or the thin layer of tears glossing over his eyes, "Family may mean nothing to you, Park, but my brother was killed in an explosion that your gang caused!" Jungkook spat in raw grief and anger, he shoved his finger into Jimin's chest before stumbling up to his feet with a shake of his head, "We're done here."

Jimin quickly scampered after him and grabbed him by the end of his shirt. He pulled Jungkook back and ducked as soon as he saw the fist swinging his way. The heavy fist whooshed past Jimin's face, allowing the air to brush against Jimin's cheekbone. His honeycomb eyes snapped towards Jungkook and brows rose in amusement.

"You tried to punch me?" Jimin giggled at the dumbfounded look on Jungkook's face. He uncurled his fist and dropped his hand to his side, not looking at Jimin as he shuffled his weight from foot to foot, "Your brother wasn't killed in that store and the explosion wasn't caused by us, it was caused by a smaller gang. The police blamed it on us because the civilians saw my gang members near the place." Jimin told Jungkook, trying to speak as softly as he can to the younger one, all while observing Jungkook's expression carefully in case he would suddenly lash out.

"You know why they saw my gang near there?" Jimin manoeuvred around Jungkook and stood in front of him. He peered up at Jungkook- eyeing the way the younger chewed on the inside of his cheek and stared at the window over Jimin's head with a glare. Jimin exhaled deeply and reached out to slide his hand into Jungkook's. The younger police man flinched away and ripped his hand out of Jimin's- now staring directly into his eyes.