Catdog

A pencil was grasped between long, coal coated fingers

  A pencil was grasped between long, coal coated fingers. The tip of the pencil slid along the paper, leaving behind a path of pitch black. The lines intertwined and crossed over each other, they raced alongside each other and even merged into a pool of blackness.

The fingers lifted and scratched at a spot on Taehyung's puffy cheek, leaving behind grey dust on his skin. Taehyung tilted his head to the side and eyed the drawing in front of him, the sight of a messily scribbled puppy stared back at him. It's limbs were a bit too long and back was arched, giving it a hump, and it's head looked like it was two sizes too big for the body.

Hoseok had offered to help teach Taehyung how to draw, which Taehyung eagerly agreed to. He had watched the older relax with each stroke of his pencil and sink further into the blissful waves of serenity. Taehyung wanted to know how that felt like, or how it felt like to be the owner to such beautiful artworks, but before Hoseok could show him anything, a man came into their cell and whispered something to Hoseok.

Taehyung's curiosity was quenched when Hoseok without a hesitation told him that someone had found a dead body in the yard. Hoseok left Taehyung in the cell, with his notebook in his hands and pencil hanging off of his fingers. Taehyung patiently waited for Hoseok to return until he got bored and decided to scribble something in a free spot in the notebook.

But Taehyung's mindless sketching was interrupted by Jimin sliding into the room and bouncing towards him with a beaming smile. Taehyung squinted his eyes suspiciously at the way Jimin's swollen lips puffed out and his eyes glimmered with redness, Jimin's skin glistened from sweat and hair was ruffled in messy tangles. Taehyung wondered if Jimin's appearance was from a heated make out session or deepthroating.

Perhaps both.

Jimin's hands hid behind his back as he plopped down on the bed next to Taehyung and bounced up and down. He looked extremely happy and giddy as he stared back at Taehyung. He pulled his hands out from behind his back to reveal the two boxes of hair dye grasped in his hands, "Yoongi got me these after I asked. Wanna dye your hair with me?" Jimin giggled breathlessly, peering around the edge of the notebook to catch a glimpse of Taehyung's sketch.

"How cute." Jimin cooed, dropping the box of brown dye to reach out and tickle the puppy's chin.

A scarlet red dust traveled up Taehyung's neck until it reached his cheeks, he quickly slammed the notebook shut and placed it down on the bed next to him. He reached out and grabbed the hair dye, noticing that one was a lavender colour and the other was brown, "Why these?" He asked in confusion, not understanding why Jimin would like to dye his hair lavender since he had it already dyed that colour.

Jimin leaned forward and plucked the brown box out of his hand, "The brown is for me, pup, the lavender is for you. When we get out of here, you can dye it a different colour but these were the only colours they had." Jimin ruffled Taehyung's blond hair before jumping out of the bed and stretching his arms above his head.