|04|

Orion walked about the room, her eyes and fingers trailing across the foreign surfaces. Her hand grazed the foot of the bed, brushing over the fluffy blanket that was draped in its edge.

"This is a bed," Seth told her, getting up from his place following behind her her from a distance as she explored the room. "It's we're people sleep, instead of on furs. It's a lot more comfortable."

Orion went over to the small bedside table, on top of which stood a small lamp. Her hand brushed the lampshade, and she peeped its head under its cone shaped hat. She looked curiously back to Seth in question.

"It's a lamp, you turn it on and it lights up." He came over, flicking on the switch.

He was so close that his chest brushed her shoulder as he moved, his face close enough she could feel his breath on the side of her face. All Orion had to do was turn her head to the side and their lips were sure to brush; if she wasn't so caught up in the novelty of her curiosity then she surely would have.

The lamp, as he called it, shone bright as light poured from its centre. Orion was fascinated, she wanted to see where the light was coming from. She peeked over the top to see the centre, though the light assaulted her eyes as it shone too bright.

"Little star! Good Goddess," Seth cried startled. "You can't look directly at the bulb, it'll hurt your eyes!"

"Its like a tiny sun!" Orion looked to him with a bright smile, and Seth forgot his worry for a moment as he took her in. She was radiant, beautiful in a wild sort of way—her face shone with the light of a thousand suns.

"Not a sun, a light bulb. It works with electricity."

The girl looked at him in confusion, but her attention span did not last long enough to hear his explanation. As soon as she got tired of his talk she began to wander off, much too interested in the other strange things around her to listen to his talk on wiring, current, and two human men named Thomas Edison and Lewis Latimer.

She moved across the room towards a strange sliding door in the wall. Inside was a peculiarly small room, with only a railing and some oddly shaped metal hanging onto the rail. Orion could hardly find a reason for such a room, there was hardly any space to do anything.

"That is a wardrobe, it's where you put all your clothes." Seth gently tugged her out from inside the wardrobe, she looked at him with a peculiar look. "We'll have to go and get some proper clothes ourselves."

"What's wrong with my furs?" Orion looked down to her bearskin dress that she had fashioned from the beast that had tried to kill her four years prior. "It's good for winter, and it's lasted me 4 years now!"

"Well here, people don't wear furs, as you've probably noticed. There are other ways to keep warm here so you don't need heavy furs."

Orion didn't look too happy with the idea of getting rid of her furs, but Seth knew sooner or later she would relent. Especially when she realised it wasn't necessary, and that she could have a lot more variety and freedom in her choice of clothing.

He couldn't wait to see her get involved with pack life, to do normal things like go shopping and just be a regular 22-year-old. She had missed out on so much because of their life in the wild, and he wanted her to have fun and let loose now that they didn't have to focus on surviving all the time.

Orion spotted another door, deciding to go through there too, whilst Seth sat on one of the sofas and waited patiently for her to finish her exploration.

Inside the other room was completely white, the floor was white, as was the walls and even all the strange things in it. The shiny silver taps on the sink drew in her attention, and like any curious person would she began to fiddle with the things. Gasping when they twisted and water came out.