|03|

Vincent looked up eagerly when both Seth and Orion came out of what used to be their home, but Orion couldn't face either man.

Her heart heavy, and her eyes burnt with tears. She kept her gaze down so they wouldn't see her tear stained cheek. She was still upset with Seth for shutting her down the way he had so when he tried to wrap his arm around her waist, she pulled away.

She could sense his upset at her pulling away but she herself was much too distraught to be of any comfort to him. He recovered quickly though, walking over to Alpha Vincent with a nod.

"I will take my pack back from Damien." He affirmed with conviction, though hesitation filtered in. "But I can't do this alone."

"You don't have to." Vincent smiled, a comforting smile as he clasped Seth's shoulder in a gesture of support and friendliness.

The group gathered around, making quick plans on the journey back to whence they had come. They seemed somewhat unsure of what to do with the girl, no doubt seeing her human self as somewhat a disadvantage to their desire to travel hard and fast. If Orion wasn't so disheartened at the prospect of leaving her haven in the woods then perhaps she would have given them all an earful of what she thought.

Luckily for them all, she didn't have to as Seth spoke up to reassure the group with a strong, firm affirmation.

"Orion can ride on my back," his gruff voice tickled her ears pleasantly. There was a roughness in his tone, and even having lived with the brute of a man for 17 years, Orion couldn't tell if it the sound was a sign of his emotion or just its natural quality. There was something about that man, that everything he seemed to do or say, was steeped in either anger or passion and both emotions looked equally the same.

Seth was proud of his mate, though he could sense the lingering doubt in Vincents men. Their worry wasn't entirely misplaced; humans after all were fragile creatures but Seth knew without a doubt that his mate was far more robust than any normal female.

She was fierce and strong, she could keep up with him and much more. She was the one reason that he had clung onto his humanity with everything that he had; she had kept him sane.

The man Vincent nodded, taking a deep breath of his surroundings before a faint smile played on his lips. "Alright, let's go home."

Orion wanted to scoff at the words, she was home; well she supposed she didn't have a home anymore. Perhaps she never really had one to begin with.

She turned away as the men began to strip and shift; her eyes squeezing tight until she saw nothing but darkness behind her closed eyelids. She could hear the snapping of bones, the clenching of teeth and the grunts of exhaustion as they succumbed to the change their bodies were forced to endure.

It didn't frighten her, not in the way it had when she first saw Seth change. As morbid as it was, it was a comfort to her; the sounds (she had always given him the privacy of not looking) reminded her of Seth, of when they would hunt together in the woods. It was strange, because even though she knew the change was painful, she also knew that Seth was strong enough to overcome it- she supposed all wolves had to be, otherwise they wouldn't change at all.

The girl felt a soft nudge against her side as Seth's beast gave her the okay to look; there was something about his fur side that always seemed to be a lot softer than the man as contradictory as it seemed.

She caressed the side of his maw, kissing his nose gently as he whined quietly. One thing about the beast was that it never hid how it felt, not even when Seth tried to. It comforted the girl a great deal to know that Seth too had some sort of sadness and apprehension about this decision.