BLANK SPACE

Summary: Rikara lives in America. Gauri had a miscarriage 1 year 4 months ago,and they both are trying to move on. Let's see how they cope up with it.

************
2021, Los Angeles America.

It had been a strange couple of days,
Omkara had been distant to say the least, he was acting different and somehow he seems hard to reach.

He had barely been eating nor had he left the flat for more than an hour at a time and the thing that worried Gauri the most, he hadn't picked up his paintbrush in a week.

Omkara barely listened when Gauri spoke and he had trouble focusing on little daily tasks. Gauri had been worried but Omkara had always been the person to handle everything himself- if he wanted her help you would ask for it so Gauri hadn't been pushing him to tell her just yet. She figured he would come when he was ready to share whatever weight he was carrying around on his Shoulders.

Therefore it wasn't a big surprise to her when she had Turn in the bed reaching for him only to find his side of the car was empty and untouched.

Pushing her self up to sit, she rubbed her sore eyes before gaining back her blurry vision. Gazing over her shoulders, the clock hanging on the wall told her he would have gone to bed hours ago.

Gauri Swung her heavy legs out of the side and let her feet touch the cold floor underneath. Dragging her sleepy body across the wooden floor she made her way through the flat room by room until she heard small but unrecognisable noises from the living room.

Gauri walked past the room neither Omkara nor she had sat their feet in after that day. The room, that still made it run coldly down her Spine and forced a lump to get stuck in her throat.

Her room.

Something caught Gauri's eyes this time, something she found rather odd. The door was gaping open- it was just a tiny bit- but it was open. It was never open. She hadn't opened it for months.

She couldn't bear to look at the painted animals on the wall, the stars hanging from the ceiling of the Little White crib with the name on it. Not when she wasn't here to use it.

It was simply too painful, and by not changing nor touching a thing it felt like a part of her was still here.

Quickly Gauri shut the door again.

It had been a year and four months exactly since Omkara and Gauri lost their little baby girl and it had been the hardest year and four months in her entire life.

Though, Gauri had miscarried in the early stage of her pregnancy, no one really prepared her for the wave of pain that is going to hit her with full force and drown her alive slowly.

That's what it felt like to Gauri, the pain of losing something she had carried around inside her stomach, the little life she and her husband had made together- it felt like she was suffocating in her own Worst Nightmare.

Omkara had been the strong one, holding her tight at three in the morning when the tears wouldn't stop running and her chest was pounding so hard she couldn't breathe.

She knew he was hurting too but he was strong for her. He had been always strong for her. Omkara had been her Rock, own private superhero.

Gauri had leaned on him whenever the world had fallen apart and he had always been there to catch and carry the weight for her.

"What are you doing in the dark,      Omkara ji?" Gauri asked letting her feet sway across the floor.

Omkara was sitting on the floor in the corner of the living room with a little purple box between his legs.