Chapter 47.

Something soft touches my forehead, surely waking me up. I feel someone get in under the covers and wrap an arm around me, pulling me close. Knowing that it's no one else but Wesley, my response to him is snuggling into his chest.

" I thought I was being careful to not wake you up." He whispers above my head.

I sigh, opening my eyes and tilting my head back, so I look up at him.

" I was wondering why you haven't snuck into my room yet, after....." I trail off, leaving the rest to hang in the air.

" I was waiting for the right moment."

" What made today the right time?"

" I don't know, maybe because I missed you a whole lot, and I just needed to be near you tonight."

I reach out my hand to touch his face, letting my thumb to gently rub his skin. We spend some time just staring at each other, letting ourselves to get lost into each other's eyes.

There is something about the way he's looking at me, that knocks me out of my thoughts. I've never seen his eyes be so expressive towards me, they are speaking to me right now and I'm feeding off the vibe, he's sending to my heart.

My heart has skipped a beat too many times already.

My face warms up when his thumb touches my lips. I break eye contact, looking down and trying to cool down my face.

" That night, I was trying to get to you. I had no other thought and didn't consider anything else, but to reach you at the hospital." I look up again. " I never thought the guy who literally troubled me at the beginning, is the same guy that I have learnt to trust so much, in such a short space of time."

" And I have never wanted someone, so desperately to trust me. When I finally felt it, gosh.....It was the most surreal thing to me."

" I don't regret kissing you first, I thought I did then, but now, I don't." I find myself admitting.

" Are we telling truths right now?"

" Maybe....." I shrug.

" I think I wanted to kiss you so bad too, when we were out in the rain before the hospital."

" Ooh, so romantic."

He chuckles, touching my face and claiming my lips. What I believe was meant to be a short and sweet kiss, turns into a full on make out session, where he rolls us over and now I lay on my back, him hovering over me and never once, breaking the kiss.

I don't know how he was able to do all of that, with him being so careful and watchful of my back, which is still so sensitive right now.

A moan slips out when his lips leave my lips, and he peppers kisses, along my face and down to my neck. When he starts to suck on my skin, my toes curl and tingles travel along my skin.

A groan of his own slips out, when I bury my fingers through his hair and tug on it. The feeling of his kisses along my skin is just doing something to me. My heart is racing too.

I feel his lips explore my skin but all too soon, I feel a touch on one of my scars and my body grows tense.

He is quick to stop and lean back to look at me, but I hide my face in the pillow, not wanting to see his reaction.

" Chloe?" I hear him breathe out.

I don't respond, still trying to calm down.

" I went too far, I'm sorry." I frown at his words.

I pull away from the pillow and turn to look at him. A look of regret shows on his face and his apologising eyes, cut deep into my heart.

" Wesley -----------" He sits up, now in a kneeling position, looking down at me.