Chapter 28.

I knew that at some point, once I started hanging out with Wesley, glances and stares, wouldn't be a foreign thing.

It's proven by how much I've both caught and felt, people stare at me. I don't understand why they won't just mind their own business, seriously.

To think at some point in the past, I would have told Wesley to stay away from me, if I was faced with such a situation, but now things are different. Wesley and I are friends.

And I value that.

So I won't be intimidated by people openly staring at me. Wesley's friendship is above feeling uncomfortable right now. It's unfortunate that we aren't sharing a class right now, because I don't
know how he's doing. He isn't covered by his hoodie today and therefore, he is at the centre of everyone's attention.

I just hope he can handle this and hold on until the end of school.

A sigh of relief takes over when the bell rings for break, I quickly pack my things in my bag, being all ready to bolt out of there. I want to meet up with Wesley and for us to head into the cafeteria together.

I try by all means to not push people out of my way, in the hallway, but it's hard when they are walking so slow and are busy in conversation with their friends.

" Chloe!" I'm stopped by Callie calling me, and as much as I want to walk away, I choose to not be rude and turn back around to face her.

I search for her with my eyes, trying to spot her between the sea of students. Luckily, she finds me first and at first look, her face looks slightly red.

I am curious to know the reason behind all of that.

" Come on, we don't want to get squashed in the middle of the hallway." She links our arms together and starts dragging me foward. " You look cute by the way." She says, making me to look myself over.

I don't see what she's talking about, it's simply a dress I had randomly picked, adding with a jean jacket and shoes

I don't see what she's talking about, it's simply a dress I had randomly picked, adding with a jean jacket and shoes. I don't usually wear dresses, but I thought, why not?

She walks me to my locker and all the way, she doesn't talk, which I find weird because she normally does all the talking. I can't help but frown a bit, when I don't see Wesley by my locker.

This makes me to question on where he might be.

I turn to face Callie.

" Will you finally tell me why you walked me all the way here?" I ask.

" I just felt like it." She shrugs, but not meeting my eyes.

" And I am suppose to believe that?" I arch my brow, not believing her for one bit.

" Why do you do that?" She suddenly asks, a hurt look taking over her face.

" What did I do?" I ask in confusion.