Chapter 23.

"Will you finally tell me where we are going?" I ask, glancing at him after my curiosity gets the best of me.

I mean he pretty much asked me to be his ditching Buddy, the least he owed me is knowledge of where we were headed to.

" Away from there," he says, not giving me the answer I'm looking for.

I decide to not ask any further, but let to him have his way for now. For the rest of the trip we remain in silence, and all I do is watch trees become the only thing, I get to see around us.

Entering into a dirt road brings a frown upon my face. We've long gone a little way out of town, this trip reminding me of times Aiden and I ran. When at a distance, a beautiful cabin house comes into view, I steal a glance Wesley's way.

" I needed to get away," he says, the minute he parks in front of the cabin house, which is beautiful by the way and quite big.

" Are we trespassing?" I ask.

" No, it's my mother's." I nod slowly, feeling intrusive for being here, more so undeserving, as I know little to none about her.

" He just had to ruin my day," he mumbles, turning to face me.

He surprises me when he cradles my face and leans forward, giving me a lingering kiss.

" Wesley." I groan in protest against his forehead.

" I know," he says.

" Why did you do it?"

" I couldn't help myself," he leans back to look at me, his thumb making circling movements on my skin.

" You need to stop."

" And you need to stop letting me -------------" I throw him a glare before getting out of the car, feeling quite offended.

" Wait, I didn't mean ----------" he too gets out of the car to follow me.

" Then what are you saying, huh?" I spin around to face him, feeling upset.

" I just - let's just forget about this, okay? Come on." He says, starting towards the house.

" No thanks." I mutter, going on to take a seat on the hood. " I'd rather stay here. "

" You can't possibly be mad at me right now." He says, turning to face me.

I don't answer him, avoiding eye contact and taking a look at my surroundings. I feel him come closer but still I don't glance his way.

" You got me here for no particular reason, yet you have a way of offen ------------"

" You being by my side, always has a reason," he cuts in.

I turn to face him, my face blank.

" And what would it be this time?"

All he does is stare at me, his eyes taking a good look at my face, as if he's studying me.

" It's the same as any other time, I find myself needing you close with me. It's not possible to go on a day without having you talk to me."

" So basically I'm your back up plan when you're suddenly feeling lon -----------" my words get stuck in my throat, when he covers my mouth with his hand.

" You know how to twist my words, don't you?" He arches his brow.

I roll my eyes at him.

" I'm bad with words, anything expressive, I'm the worst, I know that. But with this, please don't take what I said earlier the wrong way. I don't want anything messing up our friendship."