Chapter 7.

Suspended.

I can't believe I almost got suspended, though I've been saved by my clean record and Wesley's defense.

He literally defended me and yes, most of this was his fault, but him coming through for me, really surprised me. I couldn't help but sigh out of relief, the minute I stepped out of Mr Cain's office.

Unfortunately, Wesley had to remain behind. I was curious of what would happen to him but I wouldn't let  him know I was.

The bell had rung and only a few people remained, who were still getting to class. Thank God I have two free lessons and then after school. I am still standing by my locker, exchanging books when Callie comes over to give me my back pack.

" Thanks, " I mutter, taking my bag from her.

" What happened to your hand?!" Her voice being loud,  earns us a few curious eyes but I ignore them.

" It's nothing." I say, trying to ignore the stinging that's on the back of my hand.

" That's not nothing, it looks like you ------------"

" Callie, leave it be. " I warn, closing my locker shut and placing books in my bag.

" Okay fine, why were you suddenly on the rooftop with Wesley Adams?  You two don't even know each other, yet you two got dragged into the principals office together."

What's with the third degree?

" We're simply schoolmates, who got in trouble. " I notice her glance over my shoulder and following her line of view, I almost roll my eyes when I see Amber and her girls leaned against a wall at a distance, surely pretending to be in conversation, when they are certainly looking at us.

Oh, so she's been sent to spy and investigate.

" So this is your new position in the squad, huh?" I fold my arms, arching my brow.

She opens and closes her mouth before sighing. " We were just being curious."

Noticing my face changing its expression, that I don't believe a word she's just said, her shoulders sag in defeat.

" Amber is just curious -----------"

" Curious, huh?"

" Okay fine, she's just worried that something might be going on between you and ----------"

" Who? Wesley? Look, if there were or not, it's none of anyone's business ----------"

" Chloe ---------"

" But since you all want to meddle into people's business, then no, there's nothing going on. Now you can go and tell your precious Amber to not worry her fragile heart." I say with a fake smile, walking past her.

Glancing over my shoulders, I see her make her way to Amber, I roll my eyes before turning back around, only to bump into someone.

" Oomph." I stagger back, almost losing my footing when the person's hands catch me by my shoulders, keeping me on my feet.

Looking up at the person, I frown when I see a tall, half Asian guy, standing in front of me.

" Sorry, " we both say at the same time.

I take a step back, just as he let's go of my shoulders.

" Uh, sorry about that." I say, trying to side step him but he blocks my way. " Wait."

I frown at him.

" I don't know if you know me but ----------"

" I know who you are, Fin Daniels, the basketball captain."