Chapter 33.

Silence had taken over quite a long time ago, after I told him the whole truth. I revealed about Luis and his controlling and abusive ways, my mother passing away and how it's always been Aiden and me. I tell him about how for most of my life, I've been moving from town to town, in hopes of safety and seeking refuge, long enough, that we would have a plan B.

" Don't look at me like that," I mumble, getting off the bed.

" I can't help myself because I care and I'm hurt. When you hurt, I hurt and I'm sorry." He says.

I sigh, looking at the wall.

" Let me help you."

And this is the reason why ladies and gentlemen, I didn't want him to know.

" No Wesley, I've already involved you enough just by telling you all this. I don't want you to get in, more deeper." I say, glancing his way.

" I don't care about me, your safety and well-being comes first." He says, rising onto his feet and coming over to stand infront of me.

" Wesley ---------"

He takes my hands in his. " Move in with me."

" W-what?" Maybe I didn't hear him correctly.

" Yeah, move into my house and your brother too, you'll have no reason to fear or look over your shoulder. You'll be safe there with me."

" Wesley, you're dreaming now. "

" No, I'm not, I'm being serious."

" And I was being serious, when I told you that man is dangerous and powerful, he has deep connections with the police and people of the law, because he was in high rank there. He will go after who and what I care about, and I care about you Wesley Adams!"

I let out a harsh breath before continuing. " I care about you and I can't have him hurt you, I don't want you involved in this, please." I choke on my words, emotion thick in my throat.

He stares at me for a minute before pulling me into his arms, I bury my face in his chest, trying to take calming breaths and not lose myself in too much emotion.

" How do you expect me to just sit by when I've learnt about all this, more over, to accept you leaving me?.....No, I can't have that, you can't leave me Chloe, I forbid you."

Despite how I am feeling, I find myself chuckling.

I lean back to look at him.

" Wesley, it's not your choice to make." I remind him.

" Atleast allow me to be that voice of influence, just this once Chloe." He pleads.

" Wesley, stop." I shake my head, trying to look away from him, but he captures my face inbetween his hands.

I have no choice but to look at him.

" I can't lose yet another person whom I care about Chloe. If you were to leave me, I'd probably lose my mind, you can't go. You can't leave me." He leans in and surprisingly claims my lips.

I might not have been prepared for this, but it doesn't take long to fall into it. I've never told him this and I probably will never, but there's something about kissing him that makes me lose sight of my surroundings, I feel like I'm floating in air. It's an amazing feeling that I simply can't tune off.

With our need for air, I break the kiss and in the midst of moving back, he pecks my lips twice before peppering kisses all over my face. I sigh and hold on to him, intentions of moving back melting away.