" I told myself to go slow and be careful, I shouldn't ---------"

" Why are you treating me differently Wesley?" I ask in a small voice, feeling hurt.

He opens and closes his mouth, a frown now present on his forehead.

" I'm not fragile. I'm still Chloe....See me as you did before." I say.

" Chloe, I've never once seen you as some fragile doll, you are the strongest person I know. You are a survivor and the most stubborn, frustrating, beautiful soul, with eyes that make me grow weak to the knees, and....." He groans out with a look of frustration on his face.

He sighs, running his fingers through his hair. " You just don't get it, do you?" He mumbles, looking down at his lap.

" W-what don't I get?"

" I -------" He stops himself and looks up at me. " Don't you see how much I care for you?" He sounds upset right now.

I open and close my mouth, but words don't come out.

" I have to go." He suddenly says, surprising me.

I blink at him, seeing him lean towards me and kiss my forehead.

"Wesley......" I call him on a whisper, grabbing at his shirt.

" I don't want to fight with you." He says, resting his forehead against mine.

" What are you saying, we have no reason to....."

" The longer I stay, we won't understand each other."

" Don't say that." I say, with my heart racing.

I connect my lips to his and he is quick to respond. As I lean back, I pull him down with me by his shirt, refusing to let him go.

I'm afraid that if I let him go, he'll disconnect us and leave. I don't want him to leave.

Falling deep into the kiss, my hands make the mistake of releasing his shirt, and trailing up to his face. He catches my hands in time, letting out a groan after breaking the kiss.

" I have to go." He says once again.

" Why do I feel like you'll disappear on me, like the last time?"

He doesn't say anything but pulls back to look down at me. His eyes are so emotional right now, as they stare at me. I glance to his hand that wants to touch my face, but he stops mid air and his actions, make me really start to worry.

His eyes take in my whole face as if placing it into memory. He quickly connects our lips again, letting the contact to linger for a minute, before pulling back and getting off my bed.

I shut my eyes closed, refusing to watch him leave. My chest hurts, the longer I hear movement until there is silence. I release a shaky breath, opening my eyes again and glancing at the direction of the window.

He is gone again and now, all I'm left with, is an empty space.

" Don't go." I whisper out, as if he will hear me, but in honesty, I'm calling out to nothingness.

                         *******

" I haven't seen Wesley in a while." Aiden says and already, eyes are what I earn.

It's in the morning and already, he wants to touch a sensitive subject right now.

I resort to silence, refusing to look up from my bowl and continue eating.