Chapter XXI

Chapter 21: Behind your mate

''What the fuck did you do?!''

Jungkook stared into Jin's eyes, full of fear and shock. He went too far, and he had no control over his wolf whatsoever. The pain that was coming from you was too strong. It blinded his true self.

He was angry and hurt at how his brother would do such a thing. He was mad at him for hurting you that way. He couldn't focus on keeping it safe, but he made the biggest mistake in his life so far. Or one of them.

His heart was pulling him in two different directions. One was to you, to hold and kiss you, make it better, and get you out of here. And the other was to go to Jin and help him.

He didn't know what to do.

It was like the whole outside world just froze, and he was the only one standing, and the world would continue when he had made his decision. He wished your friends would be here, taking you away to safety.

But they aren't, and he knew they wouldn't. He left them there, and though they knew where to look, they were too weak to step into a mansion full of vampires ready to attack. Their nature wouldn't allow it despite their dearest friend being inside.

In a way, Jungkook knew they would trust him on this one despite the truth they knew.

It was a neverending battle inside of Jungkook when he finally had the strength to move towards you and on your level. You were shocked because of the scene, and you were still in shock.

Jungkook felt that the eclipse was about to end and that your friends would have the energy to bring you home.

But Jungkook was scared to touch you. Not only because you were shaking and sensitive to touch but also because he wasn't sure if he was in his right mind. He didn't want to hurt you.

He still needed to act. Jin didn't seem like moving anywhere as he was on the ground, holding onto his arm where Jungkook bit him.

''Do you trust me?'' Jungkook asked you, who had turned her gaze, before seeing you nod slowly. You had never let your hands off your chest, covering the bare parts.

Jungkook gulped before hooking his arms under your legs and behind your back. He lifted you and speeded away from his room.

Daniel, Jimin, and Taehyung were near the border to the vampire forest, which Jungkook had guessed right. The eclipse had stopped, and they were trying to gather their strength when Jungkook speeded up to the scene.

''Y/n!'' Jimin yelled as he saw them.

Despite how much Jungkook wanted to bring you somewhere far away from Jin and even your friends, he had to act like this. He had to take you to your friends so that they could help her heal and protect her.

Jungkook wasn't in his right mind right now, and he needed to deal with Jin first before he could look after his mate. It hurt his heart more than ever when he gave your body to Taehyung's arms.

He wanted to be the one to heal you and help you recover. But he was also feeling guilty about what he did. He needed time to sort out his feelings.