Chapter XVII

Chapter 17: The past I did not know

If you want to support my channel:

The guys held me as long as I needed them to hold me. I felt heartbroken for Jungkook to leave me like that. Not that we had any relationship status, to begin with. But he is my mate, and I know it now for sure. There is no doubt in my heart that he wouldn't be the one.

And he knows that as well.

To lose a mate like that, to death, or just leave her or him is always a bomb to the heart. There are rare occasions when mates break up. It's usually a betrayal and nothing more. But this time, the breakup was different.

He is right. We could never be together publicly. My pack and my parents would never allow it. And I'm pretty sure the same goes for the vampires, too.

I feel bad for Jungkook. My grandpa killed his mother. I think he has seen her in dreams but cannot remember anything else but to believe others' sayings about her.

My feelings are super mixed.

Will he keep planning on his revenge on me and my family because my grandpa did what he did? Is it his purpose still? To hurt me or all of us?

Those are the significant questions. After every thought I shared with him, you would think he wouldn't do it. The way he spoke to me many times, the times we were alone, it wasn't something a killer would speak.

For the first time when we met at the cliff if he wanted, he would have killed me right there. But he didn't. He saved me at school twice, first from that asshole and then from Jin. And what happened at the meadow is a whole different story.

It is so hard to imagine him planning on my and my pack's death when he acts the way he does to me.

How long has he been planning this? Has he been following me all this time?

I remember having times when I felt like someone was watching me. Someone smelled weird, but I never shared a thought of it because I sense many things during the day.

Should I be thankful for him saving my life so many times or even sparing my life? Or should I hate him because all along he wanted to mess with me and eventually kill me and my loved ones?

I seriously don't know.

I started to feel tired due to all the crying, and my sobbing sounded quieter. Taehyung lifted me in his arms and started walking back home.

Your father met them halfway, finally catching upon them. ''For God's sake, girl!''

Jimin shushed him. ''With all due respect, sir, we request you to stay with her for the remaining night. She needs us and will be even madder at you if you don't let us.''

Your father had no other choice but to allow it. After seeing your sobbing and hearing your wolf whimpering inside of you in Taehyung's arms, he understood what happened.