Chapter XIII

A fight

If you want to watch the video version👇

I was running.

Or, more likely, my wolf was running.

I had no idea where I was going. This area was unknown to me, but it seemed my wolf knew the place very well. It kept running in the darkness. I could no longer recognize the trees or hear the guys yelling after me.

I'm surprised they didn't come after me.

Maybe they knew where I was going.

Or towards whom I was going.

There was no doubt. My wolf wanted to be with him. Since we shared that kiss, it was like a clue that put us together, like an electric collar around our necks to give us a shot if we dared to separate.

And the moon was the owner. It had all the power to control us and our desires. But even with the moon, would it be able to reunite us? Jungkook has been absent for a while. I haven't felt him near.

Before I met him, I felt like someone was watching me, watching my every step. I could feel the wind blowing across my face when something passed me quickly.

Would my wolf be able to find him? Or his me? The feeling is mutual. Our hearts are like magnets. They're coming for each other. The feeling is getting stronger.

He is close.

My wolf brought me to an open area, a meadow. A meadow full of red roses, lighted with the moon. It was quiet. She stopped. I turned back to human.

I was face to face with my wolf's biggest desire. And also mine.

Jungkook.

He was standing a few feet away from me. He looks at me with his golden eyes, slowly fading to his eye color. His breathing was getting steadier, and so did mine. We just looked at each other. The power was taking over us.

No words are needed. All we needed was to look at each other, and that could already tell so much. How much we wanted each other. How much we were hungry for each other.

Both of us wanted to come at each other, rip the clothes off, and fulfill the last step of our eternal life.

But our minds held us back. Our wolves might want to do it, but our mind is still the last to decide. It's not like I'm not attracted to Jungkook. I was the one who kissed him in the first place, not my wolf. But there is so much that I don't know about him.

I don't want to settle and fulfill my entire life when I might regret it. And even my wolf, in all her desires, feels like there is something in him that ends up hurting us. She doesn't trust him 100% yet.

Stupid wolf, I say. She makes me run here over some boy when, in reality, even she thinks there is something sketchy in him.

''I'm surprised you came,'' Jungkook opened his mouth. ''I thought I told you to stay away from me after the last time.''

I'd be lying if I said that didn't hurt. ''You're here too. And it's not like I have a choice. The moon is in control now. Or are you telling me this place is familiar to you?''

He looked around for a while before looking at me again and smirking. ''So you're telling me you don't know about the place where wolves usually fulfill the last step?'' he chuckled. ''Though you'd know better.''