Chapter IX

Chapter 9: Golden Eyes

If you prefer a video version:

It was night, but I couldn't sleep. The moon was once again up, keeping me awake. It was a full moon. How much I wanted to just run in the forest and howl, but I couldn't. I have to stay inside.

It's been a week since all those things happened. Getting harassed by Jungkook and ''him'' coming to our school. Surprisingly I haven't seen him ever since I laid my eyes on his on that day. Was it to scare me, and he isn't starting school here?

Taehyung and Jimin have been by my side this whole time. I'm starting to get annoyed by it.

I haven't seen Jungkook either. Deep down in my heart, I want to see him. I want to forget everything he did to me and be friends again. To get to know him again.

I was trying to fall asleep for the third time this night. I was lying on my side, my eyes closed, and I tried to turn my back on the moonlight shining through my window. And when I was about to fall asleep, I heard a step and a little wind behind me. I felt a presence behind me and turned quickly.

Jungkook was behind me. I was ready to yell something, but he put his finger on his lips, telling me not to. And somehow, I didn't. And it wasn't like I would scream my parents here or anything.

''Be quiet,'' Jungkook shushed as he slowly made his way to my bed. I lowkey flinched and tried to move back on my bed, covering my upper body with my blanket because I wasn't wearing a bra.

Jungkook stopped moving, guilt immediately rushing through his veins. ''I'm not here to hurt you. I want to talk and explain myself,'' He gave me a reassuring smile and slowly sat at the end of my bed.

I just waited for him to open his mouth while holding onto my blanket and being in a tiny ball.

He looked down and sighed deeply. ''I'm sorry for doing what I did. I don't think I have any good reason to tell you why I did it. You know our desires. How they take control of our bodies and mind. Maybe my wolf has an eye on yours. Maybe they both do. They can communicate the way we can't,'' He started, still not looking at me, but I could hear his heart beating loud and that he was serious.

He lifted his head and looked at me. ''But they're still so new to each other. They don't trust each other yet. So maybe that's why my wolf and I didn't know we should stop when you told us to do so. I know an apology might not make any difference. But I'm still sorry,'' He ended.

I was staring at him. How the moonlight shined against his skin. How could I see the peak of his golden eyes? I indeed felt a connection between us two. Or maybe it is just the moon playing with us.

I took the courage to move. I slid myself to sit next to Jungkook. He didn't dare to look at me. He was playing with his fingers next to me while looking at them.

My mind went off. I grabbed Jungkook's chin and pulled his lips on mine slowly. I kissed him as softly as I could before releasing him. Through the kiss, I could feel power, electricity, and something that made me feel everything about him.

I opened my eyes and saw him looking at me with those glowing golden eyes. I could see a reflection of my eyes too.

''I listen to my wolf well. It's a huge part of me, and felt her pain since that incident. The pain of not having you near her. I didn't feel anything before I met you. She was never that mad at you to let you go. If she was, you'd be dead now,'' I took his hands on mine.