Chapter 41

CHAPTER 41

When I arrive to Jack's house I walk right in because that's what Sammy had texted me to do. I walk into the house and softly shut the door behind me, there are no people talking and no one in sight. I follow the sounds of the whimpers and quiet sobs. The sounds bring me to the living room. 

A few of his friends are there that he loved. Sammy, the other Jack, Emily, Mike, and even Mack. Mr. & Mrs. Johnson are there, Mr. & Mrs. Gilinsky are there, and Sammy's mom.

Sammy is the first person to stand up to greet me even though plenty of the people have already looked up and acknowledged the fact that I'm there. Jack doesn't even look up at me.

I remember what it's like to lose your best friend. The world is pulled out from underneath you and everything you've ever known in life becomes a blur.

He's really gone, and I had to be strong for my friends. Sammy knows I want to break down, you can tell by the way he holds me when he hugs me but I think he knows I have to try to stay strong for Jack.

Jack and Jack have been best friends since kindergarten. Jack has so many memories shared with his best friend that are thrown into the oblivion.

After James had died I remembered every bad thing I'd ever done to him. It made me feel like shit to recall every hurtful word I said and every painful action I made to him. There were good memories that played through my mind like a movie, whenever I wanted to laugh or whenever I needed to bring a tear to my eyes.

God only knows what things are flashing through Jack's mind right now. I hug all the parents and check how they're doing while making sure that Jack's parents know that I'm here if they need anything.

Then I walk over to Jack who hasn't moved a smudge. His face it blotchy and his eyes are bloodshot. His hands cover his mouth in a manly way trying to swallow his emotion. I crouch down in front of him until he looks at me.

The pain in his eyes is unbearable. I grab him and hold him by the neck. My arms glued to him for minutes and he takes a few small sobs into my shoulder.

This is so surreal. There's only two boys. The third is gone. He's gone. He's dead. That happy go lucky ray of sunshine in everyone's life is gone. Momentarily his friends and family are with him.

The Jack that I had known is no longer sitting in front of me. He's a broken down version silently screaming for help.

"Jack," I say to him looking into his eyes. As much as Sammy, me, and his parents miss him, Jack must miss him the most.

They've been inseparable since birth practically. They've known each other longer and better than any of Jack's other friends.

***

This is probably, like, my least favourite chapter of the whols story tbh because it's so confusing!!!

So now you know it is a Jack…But which one?

Take your guess here!