Chapter 9

CHAPTER 9

Now, I am not worried that Jack will see this with all the girls he has tweeting him in one minute and frankly I don’t care about Jack right now at all. But anyone can see this. This also means that people from my old school have found me, a way to get to me, and have a reason to now make me miserable.

To be honest, I go into the tweet and report it. If I become better known from being acquainted with Jack, then word of me will spread and word of James would too.

I finish my homework and shower getting ready for bed. Tuesdays are so hard to wake up on because of the weekend and falling behind on sleep. So I got in bed by 11.

I turn my iPhone on and go into my music library. Every night it's a "struggle" to pick out which song I want to go to sleep to. I decide to go to the Ed Sheeran category and put it on shuffle.

Kiss Me is the first song that comes on. Before the song ends I drift off and fall asleep. Ed Sheeran's was one of the only things that got me through my hard times. His music was relatable, not always in an obvious way but a hidden subtle meaning, which is something I adore in music.

I wake up and I stretch in my bed, adjusting my eyes to the morning light. The lightweight sheet felt warm and beautifully draped around me as I sat up. No matter how much I dread the day ahead of me the mornings are always something I look forward too.

My favorites are Saturdays when I have nothing to do that day. I can just lay in bed with Uggs, leggings or sweatpants, a tank top, and my favorite knitted cardigan.

The weekdays are not the case. I wear pj pants with a hoodie or tank depending on the temperature the night before.

My layers of hair fall down to my waist in frantic curls and I force them into a messy bun. I pull my covers off and hop into some slippers that wait at the foot of my bed.

I walk into the bathroom, turn the sink on, and cup some water onto my face waking me up a bit. I slip out of my pjs and into a floral summer dress with sneakers and a cardigan. I finally pull my curls into a pony tail and finish packing my lunch and bag for the day.

As I head out the door I realize I forgot my phone upstairs. I run to grab it without checking it and then hop in the car. Before I know it I'm saying goodbye to my mom who drops me off at the side door and run to the entrance.

I stop by my locker really quickly and then head to my first class. I sit and take more notes thinking about a starter to a conversation with Jack that would hint at me not being able to be his friend.

'Listen Jack, I need me time...' No that sucked.

'Jack you don't want to be friends with a girl like me.' What the hell? This isn't a cowboy movie.

'Yo Jack we should chill sometime or naw...' okay I'll think of something on the spot. What the fuck is or naw anyway?

I really need to focus on learning the information from my classes. I already have to reteach myself so much. Hopefully Xander will help me catch up with my work. He won't stay mad forever, I'm pretty sure he's not even "mad" right now.

My teacher from first period has to leave the room for a few minutes and I rip out my phone because it's the perfect time to update myself with my social media.

A few texts and snapchats are on my lock screen and multiple twitter notifications. Unlocking my phone I start scrolling through my timeline on twitter. Nothing out of the blue. When my teacher comes back in I click my phone off and slide it away.

Second period rolls around and I walk in and march up to Xander who's sitting on his phone but is ready for class to start any minute. I hug him from behind and give him a kiss on the cheek. Nobody took notice thank god I didn’t need more rumor of us being a couple.

"Please don't be mad at me. You're one of my favorite people in the world and I love you." I say while still clinging around his neck.

"You're cute aren't you?" I stop holding on to him and sit on his desk facing him, "I'm not mad. I love you and I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Then talk to me... What's up with him? Why and how would he hurt me?"

"Soooo mannnnyyyy questiooonnnnns......" As he shrugs me away.

"Okay I see how it is. Bye." I say this almost sarcastically hoping he’ll call me back and dismiss the topic.

"Don't be mad," he finishes, "Just there's some things about you and some things about him that wouldn't mix well." 

"This conversation isn't over." I say as the teachers directs everyone to their assigned seats.