Chapter 32

CHAPTER 32

I love going to sleep and waking up with my own pleasure in any time frame I want. When I wake up I lie in bed and play around with my phone for what seems like a few minutes but in reality is an hour. When I feel it’s necessary to get up and start my day, I stretch, wash my face, and begin to trudge downstairs.

I’m getting a little bored being stuck in this house so long. I’ve done everything possible. I look at the piano. I’m sick of the melody I’ve practiced and perfected so many times. I go to my book bag and pull out the sheet music to the song and prop it up on the piano’s stand.

I pre-read the song and start slowly moving my fingers against the clean white beautiful keys. I start humming along adjusting to the tune and melody. After running through the song once I had the hang of the hand movement and decide to work on the singing. I went through our part as a whole.

I take a quick peak at the solo and begin to give it a try. My voice carries not a bit louder than the piano and I use a very pure voice as opposed to a belt. I run through it a couple times. The solo is a very pretty part of the song, it shows a real passionate side to the song and the singer should portray that passion as well. As I practice for the fourth or fifth time I hear the harmony flood to my ears.

The boys part floods into my ear and my voice and fingers cut themselves from continuing making music. I turn around and immediately blush into an embarrassed red girl. I look at Jack who had been singing the males solo part then immediately at the floor.

He looks shocked, his mouth hangs open and his mind is unable to search for words, “What the fuck?” I guess that is the first thing that came to mind. My face is flushed red. I didn’t have anything to say. I feel his eyes gawking at me and his mouth still gaped open.

“Hi,” I say without looking up and in a hushed tone. I’m so stupid. HI like what the fuck is HI.

“You…I. What the fuck? I didn’t know you sang like that. What…? I’ve never heard a song about death be so fucking beautiful like…I’m speechless.” He comes over to the piano bench and sits besides me resting his hands on my waist. I shook them off.

He shoots me a weird look and retracts his hands, “I’ve gotta pack, what’s up?” I ask trying to repulse him a bit.

“Cat, you’ve gotta talk to me, is what you have to do, what the heck? You’ve been really strange towards me recently…I don’t understand…” I look straight into his eyes trying to read them but I have no idea where he’s going. I’m kind of sick of getting his lectures. He babies me and treats me like a child, “Look if we’re moving too fast for you or you wanna…”

I laugh. We’ve been dating officially for a few days. We’re obviously both very sexually attracted to one another but I don’t care how fast this moves.

I don’t know what I’m doing with Jack honestly. I’ve never cared about someone so much. I don’t know what would happen if he wanted to break up due to me leaving.

“I like you so much. I…Jack.” I whine. I wrap my arms around his waist. Jack rubs my head and runs his fingers through my hair as he flips through the channels on the TV to find a dumb romance comedy.

We watch this movie and laugh along at the cheesy comedic jokes. My cell phone rings and Emily’s name pops up on my screen but I send it to voice mail due to the fact that I want to stay in Jack’s arms.

At some point I look up to see Jack’s beautiful face asleep and motionless. His mouth hangs slightly open and his breathing is calm and light. I watch while a smile automatically appears on my face. Watching him sleep causes me to yawn and I slowly fall asleep.