Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

Xander cancelled our plans for tonight. Which is fine with me because I am supposed to join Bianca, Emily and the gang at a party anyway. But I knew he did it just because he was mad at me. Although I know he wasn't too mad because he said we could meet up on Sunday.

So more classes pass by with not a lot going on. I jot down a lot of notes while not paying attention hoping to reteach myself later.

I don't see Jack for the rest of the day which is fine, by all means, that is enough for one day. You can say it is an overwhelming amount for a single day.

Then the thought crosses my mind; Jack would probably be at this party tonight.

Next thing I know I am shoving books into my backpack and Addison meets me at my locker.

We walk out of school and down the steps together. We start walking towards our small down town area. It's not too far, only a couple blocks. When we get to Starbucks Addison orders a grande chocolate frappe and I don't order anything. While we wait for her drink she's talking about some boy but I don't even bother to listen. Usually I would. But I just can't.

Addison and I set our books down at a table. Quickly she runs to use the restroom. All of the sudden Jack J walks up to my table giving me a greeting head nod.

He stops. Right in front of my table. Then he sits down across from me in Addison's seat.

"May I help you?" I ask laughing awkwardly, looking for my friend.

"Hey sorry for being rude earlier, I needed Jack. But I realized you're new here and Jack was taking notice of that. Let's chill some time." He spoke with a weird vibe. I come off really confused almost as if this were some joke. He nods his head again, stands up, then walks away.

He walks back to a zoned out Jack Gilinsky. Jack is doing something on his computer. I thought 'he probably didn't even notice his friend leaving for two minutes' that's what I thought. Until he gives me a mysterious look and quickly turns back around. Addison returns while Jack and Jack exit.

There are so many kids from school lining up and packing the place that I can no longer see the two once they leave Starbucks.

Later that night I find myself at home picking out skirts, shirts, pants, and dresses from my closet and laying them out on the bed. I am picking out every detail and turning most articles of clothing away.

I have to pick the cutest outfit I own. Yes it was for Jack. But it isn't to impress, it was because he has two sets of eyes on me. I'm now starting to question my friendship with Emily. What if Jack told Emily to befriend me?

I really don't understand what could be going on with him that involves all his friends talking to me and playing with my mind.

After I pick out some purple, and some of the only shoes i own, I slip on a black tee shirt dress. Now I wait for my mom.

I walk into this room we have on the side of the house. We had it sound proofed when we moved in. It has all my "equipment" in it. I have a few keyboards at the edge of the room, along with a few acoustics and one electric guitar, a few stage microphones and a cheap recording one, some stereo stuff, and soundboards.

In the center of the vibrant room is a very expensive and good quality microphone set up around our scratchless black grand piano.

I sit down and start playing a piece of something I wrote a couple years ago. After a minute my mom comes into the room and I stop playing. I didn't hear her slip into the house.

"I miss hearing you play." She says and I stand up walking out of the room.

"I do too," I say as I pass her.

My mom grabs the keys to the black GMC and heads out the door with me following. I grab a small purple purse on my way out, that hits my hips when I walk, to put my belongings in.

We stop at the gas station with the car and fill up the tank. There is only one light hanging above me and everything else is pitch black. It is kind of eerie. I take my phone out of my purse and unlock it. I feel safer with my phone in hand just in case.

I pull up twitter and check my time line and home page.

Ariana Grande tweets; "tgif" and a selfie

A girl from home tweets; "why is tea so good😋"

Nash Grier tweets; "Who's coming to magcon tonight?"

Jack Johnson tweets; "At Magcon rn, pumped, the crowd is killin!"

Oh the boys are at magcon. Which means the boys won't be at the party tonight.

I keep scrolling down until I see something Jack Gilinsky tweeted, "I hate watching pretty girls cry."

What?

No no no. There's no way Jack was talking about me. I am not pretty enough or fun enough. I am not enough for him. There is no way he was speaking about me.

I decide to tweet something; "🎉" within seconds I have 15 new follows 18 retweets and 36 favorites.

Ew Jack retweeted my tweet. Now my phone was glitching and being blown up. I hop back in the car, turned the phone off, and set it next to me.

I get to the party in no time and start socializing. The lights were lower and the music was pumping. I can feel my heart beat becoming align with the bass of the music. All night people snap photos, scream and shout, and dance.

Xander texts me, "Hey, I know you're at that party and you're probably not seeing this bc it's a party and all but please respond..."

It seems important but since I just got here I don't have the time to deal with it at the moment and what would an hour or so do?

OKAY SO A LITTLE NOTE

Most of my chapters are short and low-key for a little while but please please please stick around because it gets more interesting. I'm trying to make this story a little more realistic than some of the ones I have read. I hope y'all are enjoying the story, leave any comments for me :)