1

Please read the part before this for disclaimers and a message!!

*********

"For the last time, I'm not doing this for you," Fiat exasperates as he reaches up to return the book onto the shelf. His good friend, Ann, is been begging him to go with her to their department trip for a week. He had already expressed his disinterest for the trip when it was announced and she was fine with it. It was not until she heard that her crush, Leo, was going that she pleaded for Fiat to go with her and be her wingman. Leo and Fiat were both in the badminton club and were friendly rivals who enjoyed rallying against each other during practice. Beyond that, the two have no connections with each other outside of the club. Fiat pushes Ann out of the way as she stands in front of the cart. "I hardly know the guy, Pipsqueak. The trip already sounded boring before and I'm not about to go just to talk up a guy for you."

Ann rolls her eyes and helps hand books from the cart as Fiat returns them to their appropriate location. He is having his shift at the school library and Ann loves to interrupt him to talk about her new fantasies. It is nothing new to him and it sort of makes his shift a little better as it is a break from the silence and tediousness.

Fiat looks down at the last book and scans the log. It is from a section he has never needed to return a book to. Ann follows him as she softly comments about seeing Leo just before coming to look for Fiat. He just nods as his eyes scan the aisles for the section. It is all the way to the back and just as he is about to turn in he receives a smack from Ann. "OW! What the hell, Ann!?"

Her hands grip onto his arm making him wince. He looks up, following her gaze, to see Leo at a table with his books spread out in front of him. It is an odd place to study as no one ever really goes this far back. Leo is the same age as Ann and himself, but as he sits at the table he seems older. Leo's eyes suddenly rise to see them. Fiat is stunned as Ann clutches onto his arm even tighter and the rise of a brow finally makes Fiat realize that he is staring. He quickly averts his eyes and pushes the cart into the aisle, missing the smirk that played on Leo's lips.

"Fiat, did you see the way he looked? When he looked up, his eyes bolted me to my spot. You think he knows how gorgeous he is?" Ann rambles on as Fiat distractedly follows the tagged shelves. Just as he is about to approach the correct section, Ann realizes the time and rushes out to go to her forgotten class. Fiat rolls his eyes at his friend. His eyes follows up the shelves before seeing an obvious gap between books on a shelf that is just out of his reach. He maneuvers the cart just right and locks the wheels. Placing his foot onto the lower level, he reaches up. As he gets edge of the book onto the bottom of the shelf a hand settles on his waist and the book is taken from his hand. Fiat's eyes go wide as he looks over to find Leo returning the book for him with a smug look on his face.

"Sorry, about that. I borrowed this. If I had known I would have returned it myself," Leo says softly. Fiat just blinks as he is well aware of the hand still around his waist. Leo glances down and retracts his hand and steps away. Fiat plants his feet firmly onto the ground and shakes his head.

"All borrowed books would need to go through the front desk anyway. It's not like you knew a short guy like me would be the one to return your book," Fiat clarifies as he avoids meeting Leo's eyes and reaches down to unlock the wheels. Leo mumbles something making Fiat throw his head up only to bump it against the cart. He curses under his breath as Leo chuckles and asks if he was okay. "Just perfect. Thanks, though. I gotta go do my data entry. See you at practice?"

"Yeah, yeah," Leo nods. Fiat was about to push the cart when Leo speaks again. "Hey, are you going to our department trip?"

Fiat looks back at him with a raised brow. "Uhm, I was not planning to. My friend is, though. You going?"