18

Wrapping the small box with a gold bangle inside, Fiat shakes as he thinks about driving back to his family home and have a repeat of the last time. He jumps when there is a knock on his door. He looks back down at the half finished work and sighs. Fiat drops it and his feet pad across the laminate floors and he throws the door open and goes back to where he was. The door closes as the guest enters and he feels a warmth encase his back as they sit behind him on the floor and place him between their legs and arms.

"Traveling back home?" A soft voice greets his ear as a gently kiss is pressed against his shoulder.

"Mm," Fiat nods as his tongue pokes past his lips. His focus is to make clean folds on his wrapping and little attention goes towards the man wrapping their hands around his core. "My mom's birthday is in today. Since I don't have classes, I'll try and leave as soon as I finish. Sorry if you wanted to hang out. I forgot to remind you. I just remembered when I got the notification. I had bought this for her a month ago."

"Well, I'm sure she'll love it. Do you want me to come with you?" Fiat's body stills at the idea and he shakes. Leo tightens his hold and turns Fiat's head to face him. "Hey, it'll be okay. I don't have to if you don't want it. I just want you to know I'll be here with you. Maybe they just need to be exposed to it a little more."

"They've been exposed to enough things," Fiat mumbles as he looks into Leo's eyes in desperate need for comfort. "I don't want you to be a victim of their behavior or words. At the same time I don't want them to be judged for it."

"I understand, love. Your choice. I can just drive, hide in the car or even wait here until you get home," Leo offers. Fiat turns in his arms and hugs the tall man with his entire body. "Love?"

"Where did you come from?" Fiat mumbles into Leo's neck. Leo's hands gently rub his back and Fiat leans back to hold his face. "Is it okay if you come with me? I might need a little recharge after."

"Of course, love. Anything you need," Leo kisses Fiat's nose and the two smile at each other. Getting brought back into a warm hug, Leo looks behind Fiat. "Let's get this present wrapped nicely. Get you all fixed up and maybe I can change into something something nicer? I'm in house clothes and would prefer to at least be in proper clothes when I see your parents. Even if I'm in the car."

Fiat nods and turns back around to finish. He smiles proudly with his work to Leo and the box gets moved to a counter. When the two were out of their house clothes and in more appropriate clothes, Fiat more so than Leo based on the available clothes that is in the closet, they hop into the car and Fiat directs them to his family home.

Leo must have sensed the nerves on Fiat as he holds his hand and presses gently kisses against the back of it. Fiat's grip tightens when a familiar street comes and he takes a deep breath when Leo parks. "I'll be right here, okay?"

"Can you come with me?" Fiat suddenly feels incredible small and Leo kisses his knuckles as he agrees. The couple exit the car and Leo keeps his hold onto Fiat's hand as they walk up to the door. A shaky hand rises to knock at the door. A handsome man opens the door with excitement, looks at the two and scowls. "Phi-"

"Leave, Fiat. You know you shouldn't be here and how it ruins mom's birthday," Fiat's cousin, Krit, scolds him as he keeps the door nearly closed. "If you want to leave a gift then throw it into the flower bed and I'll take it to mom when dad sleeps. I can't believe you thought it'd be a good idea to parade some guy with you. You already got a hit from dad on his birthday."

"I'm not leaving until I see mom. I know you guys are having the family dinner at home, but try and get her to see me, please Phi?" Fiat begs and Leo gently rubs his thumb against his hand.