8

"WOOO! LEO! EARTH! LEO! EARTH! LEO! EARTH!" Fiat slides down his seat and covers his face as Ann and her friends grief him with their cheers. The group of five overpower the majority as their section alone garners everyone's attention. The competition part of the arena is similarly set up as the practice side to accompany many different games at once. It is their third game after winning their last and they move up the leaderboards. This game, if won, qualifies them for tomorrow's semi finals.

"Match point before the switch!" The ref calls out before checking if both parties were ready. With the sound of the whistle, Fiat groans in pain as the circulation in his arm ceases with the viper grip that Ann had on him. He repeatedly taps her hands to release him and she pulls away only to join hands with her other friend. First massages his forearm and intently watches the game. Leo and Earth are ahead, but it is obvious that the other team is playing with their stamina. The two have to prance around the court with a strong defense and it is taking a toll on them. Fiat straightens in his seat as he sees Earth falter. The teammates and audience stand as Earth bounces on his toes. He got the receive, but it cost him his ankle. Their coach calls for a time out and everyone huddled around him. The other team are in stifles and pass around low fives as if they have the game in the bag.

"How are you feeling?" the coach asks Earth who grits his teeth as the teams medical person, Earn tends to it. Earth denies his discomfort despite how obvious it was on his face. "The call is yours, Earth. You still have games tomorrow if you win this, or we can forfeit the team."

"I'll win this game. I'm not letting them have the satisfaction. I'll be fine for tomorrow. I'll rest it right after," Earth proceeds to push for the game. The coach instructs Leo to help cover  and watch Earth's right, where his sprained ankle is. A minute later, the team disperses and the players return to he court. First sets his jaw tight as he crosses his arms to watch the game. He does not even take the chance to sit down as he grows anxious. His hand stays covering his mouth as the game commences. Multiple times during the game, Earth is seen pushing his limits. Despite them winning the game and wiping off the smirks of the opposing team, their own teams morale is dampened. As the next players take the court, Earth, Leo, and Earn leave to the team section to treat the injury. Fiat pats Ann's shoulder and lets her know that he would check on them. When Fiat reaches them he hears Earth's strained voice, "It was worth it. Did you see their faces? They play dirty. They needed to be booted off the board."

"What a martyr, Earth," Fiat rolls his eyes and glances over at the bruising ankle. He clicks his tongue and shakes his head. Earn tries her best to treat it with what they have by wrapping and applying an ice pack to it. Earth chuckles and says he should have his photo put up at the teams's trophy cabinet. "Yeah and say 'Biggest Doofus' for willing to sacrifice his ankle for the sake of fair games for other teams."

"Shut up! Not everyone is as nimble as you, Fiat! You should be the one having your stamina tested. You and Leo would kill that team in no time," Earth shoves at Fiat who chuckles. apparently he still has energy to fool around like this. Fiat glances over at Leo who had a hard look on his face. He was sweating, obviously drained from the game as well. "No seriously, if the other teams allow you to sub in for me if I can't tomorrow, you should take my spot. You and Leo played well together earlier. At least there will be a bit more to me sacrificing my ankle. Max and Mike could use a bit of humbling."

"Nah, this is you and Leo's win. You guys should start and finish this together. I'm just a singles player. I don't know if the other teams or the organization would allow it," Fiat shakes his head and pats Earth's shoulder. He checks his watch and lets them know that he will update the team and check on the game. Fiat leaves them in Earns hands and makes his way back out to the main arena. As he walks down the walkway, a hand catches his arm and he looks up to find Leo. They had not exchanged a word since earlier, so having Leo stop him with a bothered expression makes Fiat confused. "Need something, Leo? Did Earn or Earth need something?"