15

TW/CW: light mention of death and sexual harassment

*******

"I hate you."

"Oh, come on. You can't hate me."

"I can and I do!"

"Don't hate me."

"Too late!"

"Pip, don't do this," Fiat follows the angry form across the mall. Fiat and Ann has finally made time to hang out with just the two of them, but Fiat has had his attention on his phone. "I'm sorry. I'll stop. You have all of my attention. Don't be mad at me anymore."

"Give me your phone," Ann holds out a hand for him and he bites his lip as he looks at his phone. He quickly sends a message to let Leo know that he will be out of reach for a while and sheepishly places the device onto her palm. She makes a scowl at the quick response that lights up the screen and shoves it into her bag. "Now you will have to accompany to go shopping and I get to buy you one outfit of my choice."

Fiat cringes at the idea, but agrees knowing that even if she gets him an outfit, he does not have to wear it. The two have very different ideas on men's fashion. For hours, Fiat is moving from store to store with bags hung on his arms. Just when he thinks that Ann has forgotten about getting him an outfit, she pulls him towards the men's section. Outfit after outfit, with pictures being taken each time, Fiat is actually surprised at the choices Ann is making for the clothes for him to try on. Regardless, though, Fiat hated it.

He changes into another outfit and raises a brow at his reflection. Black straight cut slacks that meet his ankles, a white graphic t-shirt and creme boat shoes. He tucks in his shirt and steps out as he adjusts it. "You know, this outfit is actually my style. I'm surprised, Pip."

"That's because I didn't choose it," Ann responds, confusing Fiat. He looks up and she has her phone held up. He asks her to clarify and she just grins. "This looks great on you! Change back. I think we're done. You're getting this. My treat for you finally getting a boyfriend even if it is with the guy I've been pinning on and before I could even get one during our university career."

"Shut it," Fiat groans embarrassed as some glances turn their way. He rushes back into the little room and changes. The two reach the counter and while Ann had said she would pay, Fiat hands over his card even though he would never pay for this amount when shopping on his own. His heart literally hurts the moment the transaction goes through, but pays for it anyway as he will never let Ann pay for something like this.

"The fact that you actually paid for this without removing anything and knowing there was no big discount, was there something to celebrate?" Ann asks the moment they are out of the store. Fiat looks down at the only bag of his amongst the rest and gives an airy chuckle. "I expected like the shirt or the pants, not the entire outfit."

"We finished the school year and I haven't bought myself clothes in a while. I've only purchased my sneakers for badminton," Fiat shrugs. They head towards a dessert shop to rest after the hours of shopping. Ann gives him a weird look and he avoids meeting her eyes by looking at the menu. He knows she does not believe him. Truth is, he has been wearing his clothes in a cycle with little variations. In the past he hardly cared, but now that he is with Leo, who is fashionable and popular, Fiat feels that he should at least try and add a little more to his everyday look. Of course one outfit will not be the end of it, but it is a start. His next purchases may not be as expensive as this one, but he can probably allot some money from his sayings to revamp his closet.

"So, what has Leo even requested for his wishes so far?" Ann asks, sipping her shake. Fiat mirrors her as he recalls and blushes at the memory of some. "Oi! I asked to be polite, don't make me feel jealous. P'Chan doesn't even make any advances even when I give opportunities. He's either dense or a total gentleman. I don't know how I feel if he's either."