"Umm...okay" Lucas said shyly.

Marcus sat him on the baby car seat and wrapped his coat around Lucas. Lucas liked it when we wrap our coats around him and the therapist told me that was because he feels a sense of protection when we do that.

We reached the Harrington's house and as we got off not-a-virgin-anymore Jake hopped towards us. He beamed at Lucas but his smile fell when Lucas hid his face from him.

"Jake why are you still getting sad? You know he's uncomfortable around others"

Jake pouted and stared at Lucas. "I know but... Tsk it's still sad"

I shook my head and walked past him into the house. I knocked on the door and Taylor opened it.

"Camilla it's so nice to see you again" She gave me a hug and looked behind me. "You too Marcus. Come in please"

Many people had already arrived and were sitting at the dining table discussing about the contest.

"Oh sorry if we are late"

"Oh no we just started" She then pointed at the living room where the children were playing on the floor. "Lucas can join them. There are many children of his age here"

I smiled at her and then glanced at Marcus who looked very unwilling to keep Lucas down.

"Can we take him?" He whispered in my ear.

"Marcus you promised. And he's not uncomfortable around children"

Marcus rolled his eyes and walked to the living room. He kept Lucas on the carpet and crouched down.

"Lucas, look your favourite toys are here" He took the plastic animal toys and gave them to Lucas. "Play with these while mommy and daddy sit over there" He said, pointing at the dining table. "And try to be friends with other children"

Lucas didn't say anything but stared at Marcus and then at me. Marcus heaved a sigh and got up. He walked towards me with a frown as if I did something wrong.

"Marcus"

"I know I know it's just-uhh I don't even know anymore"

Jake took a seat and I sat next to him with Marcus on my right. We were directly facing the living room and I felt better because then we could check on Lucas.

The meeting started and Smith began talking. We went on for a while but I couldn't focus since Lucas kept glancing at us without playing or doing anything.

Whenever another child laughs or shouts he wince and look down with trembling lips.

I knew Marcus wasn't paying any attention either because he also kept looking at Lucas.

"Camilla let's go" he whispered slowly.

"Marcus we can't go right now. Lucas is doing fine. We are right here, aren't we?"

Marcus scowled at me, clearly displeased. Impatiently he began tapping his foot on the ground. And I looked at the clock wishing this meeting would come to an end.

The meeting went on for another half an hour. I looked at Lucas again to check on him and saw him playing with the animal toys.

Two 5 year old boys were next to him, playing with Legos. Lucas eyed them curiously and stretched his hand to take one Lego but a boy snapped at him.

"Don't touch my toys you mute freak"

My eyes widened and I saw Marcus's fist clench in anger.

Lucas took his hand back but the boy threw a Lego at him. It hit Lucas on the head and a small cut appeared above his eye brow.