Chapter 54

I walked out of the hospital with Marcus beside me. We checked the baby's gender and without telling it, the doctor wrote it down on a paper and put it inside an envelope.

I have a good 5 month baby bump but Marcus was the one who was acting as if he was pregnant.

"Oh my god I'm scared" Marcus rubbed his palms and blew hot air to it.

I rolled my eyes and walked ahead of him.

"I'm sweating. I think I'm going to pass out" He fanned himself with his hand and started breathing heavily.

"I'm the one who is pregnant not you" I said in annoyance and frowned at him.
"You are the one who said let's check the gender. It's good to know it beforehand " I said, quoting the sentence using my fingers.

"Now you are scared about knowing it"

"It's easier said that done" Marcus huffed and looked away.

"And you also said it doesn't matter if the baby is a girl or boy it's my child. I'll love the baby no matter what. Did you forget it?"

"I will always love the baby no matter it's a he or a she but now when you have it written on a paper it's actually scary"

Marcus let out a heavy sigh and squatted down to the ground. He kept his elbows on his knees and ran his fingers through his hair.

"If you are not going to drive the car I'm gonna call Jake and tell him to come and pick me up" I took my phone out and started dialling Jake.

"Why are you calling Jake?"

"Because he's the one who is acting like my husband while you overeact" I kept the phone to my ear but Marcus grabbed it and cut the call.

"I'm happy I'm worried I'm excited. Can't you understand my feelings?"He started whining like a child.

"Maybe we should check you and see whether you miraculously carry a child because you've been the one having mood swings and taste changes"

"What? Marcus gripped his hair and groaned in annoyance. "Uhhh. I changed my taste according to you. What's wrong with that?"

Ignoring him I walked to the car. Marcus stared at me for a while, a pout on his lips and then unlocked the car.

He opened my door but before I got in I saw some books in the back seat through the tinted windows.

I opened the back seat door and was shocked to see piles of books on it. All of them were books about how to take care of babies, how to be a good dad, how to take care of your wife during pregnancy etc.

I kept my hands on my hips and glared at Marcus. But he just shrugged to it. "What? It's my first baby. It's normal to read those"

I scoffed and pointed at my baby bump. "Do you think this is my tenth child?"

Marcus pouted and I shook my head. He's unbelievable.

"Let's just sit over there for a minute" I pointed at the bench in front of a row of flower bushes.

I dragged Marcus by his sleeves to the bench and sat down. He slowly sat down next to me and bent his head back to relax himself.

"What do you want the baby's name to be?" I asked him.

"Umm..."Marcus pursed his lips and thought for sometime. "If it a girl then Nayla if it's a boy I like Dexter"

I looked at Marcus in utter shock. "I knew I asked you the wrong question. Have you been watching too much You Tube?"