Chapter 12

I woke up with a jolt. I had such a weird dream of kissing Marcus. That was by far the most embarrassing dream I had ever had.

As I got up my head started pounding. I suddenly regretted my decision last night to go clubbing and getting drunk. I wanted to kill Ally right now.

As I was getting ready to go to the bathroom, someone knocked on my door.

"Camilla this is some soup I made from an old family recipe. It might make you feel better" Madeline handed me some soup in a small bowl.

"Did Ally bring me back or did you have to call security?" I yawned and rubbed my eyes sleepily.

"Oh no Sir brought you back"

All the organs in my body stopped functioning.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I yelled at her in surprise.

"He carried you in his arms last night"

I stood still for good seconds and then shut the door loudly not wanting to hear anymore. I knew that was rude but my mind was elsewhere .

I sprinted to my bed and got my phone which I always kept under the pillow just in case a burglar broke in which is highly unlikely in this rich neighborhood.

I dialled Ally quickly but it went to voicemail. I called again and this time she picked up. "Hello?" Her sleepy voice spoke through the phone.

"Ally what happened last night? Why did Marcus carry me back?" I prayed several times wishing it wasn't true.

"Oh that" I heard her yawn before continuing. "He came yesterday when you were drunk. He told me he'll take care of you but nevertheless I watched you from far away. He told you something and you smiled like a maniac and then kissed him"

All the color drained from my face, my hands started shaking. I bit my nails and continuesly tapped the floor with my foot in complete horror. I kissed him? So it wasn't a dream?

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I screamed, hopping my loud voice would scare away all the demonic memories of last night before they hit me in the head and makes me remember.

"Oh my god my ear. Can you please not shout?" she groaned. "And wait! Don't tell me you don't remember last night" Ally replied with a hint of accusation in her voice.

But it was too late. All the memories began banging on my head. This was far too embarassing. How the hell am I supposed to face him after I kissed him? And I vaguely remember that he didn't kiss me back which made my already sour mood even worse.

I pulled my hair in annoyance. "You stupid dumb idiot Camilla!" I cursed myself and walked to the bathroom. I opened the shower and wished that I could wash myself away and disappear down the drain from this world.

After spending half of my life in the shower I stomped out in frustration. I opened my wardrobe and change into a light pink chiffon top with white shorts.

I quietly walked down the stairs hoping not to see Marcus but only to find him seated at the dinning table drinking coffee with a newspaper in hand.

My jaw dropped at the sight of him. He was wearing a royal blue collared shirt with white pants, an expensive watch in his wrist, sunlight penetrating through the windows, shinning on his already handsome face. It was like in those weird movies where the girls sees hearts flying around the guy's head.

I had the sudden urge to run my hands over his hard muscles, but I quickly shook my head in embarrassment and self loathing. What's wrong with me today?

I tiptoed down the stairs but Marcus raised his head from the newspaper and looked at me. I awkwardly smiled and started walking away.

"Where are you going?"