CHAPTER 11. Spirit of Darkness (Video above ⬆️)

Lee Rang  is dragged up a tree by the zombies. His half-brother Lee Yeon appears and dispatches enough zombies to get Lee Rang on his feet. They fight the v back to back with plenty of bickering before the battle.

Nam Ji Ah  finds herself in the backseat of her parents’ car. She can’t unbuckle herself. Ji Ah calls to her parents but they seem to hear her. Her mother tells her father Ji Ah had a hypnosis session. Her mother admits she’s scared for her daughter. Can they keep her safe? Ji Ah touches her mother and her father notices her. Her mother gives her the music box for her birthday.  She realizes this is the night of the accident. Her father won’t stop the car as she begs.

The zombies keep coming. Lee Yeon asks where they are. Lee Rang replies the forest of the starving. They run.

The accident occurs, the car flips…

The Imoogi and the juice woman that gave Lee Yeon the choice between Ji Ah and Lee Yeon stare at the accident

The Imoogi and the juice woman that gave Lee Yeon the choice between Ji Ah and Lee Yeon stare at the accident. The juice woman is surprised Lee Yeon picked his brother to save. The Imoogi notes mountain spirits like to challenge him. The Imoogi believes Lee Yeon understood this was a test for him, Lee Rang, and Ji Ah.

Her boss and coworkers Pyo Jae Hwan and Kim Sae Rom wonders how the juice woman knew what the boss feared the most. Jae Hwan recalls the urban legend about the juice woman. Sae Rom chimes in that they researched it for a show but couldn’t find the witnesses to verify. She says a song plays after the juice woman controls you and you never wake up after hearing the song. A man bursts into the room and tells them to come quickly. They find Ji Ah passed out on the floor.

Vet Gu Shin Joo finds Lee Yeon passed out on the floor.

Ki Yoo Ri finds Lee Rang passed out on the floor.

Lee Rang and Lee Yeon run for their lives through the forest

Lee Rang and Lee Yeon run for their lives through the forest. They find a cave passage. Lee Yeon wonders if he can save both Lee Rang and Ji Ah from the underworld. He hopes he made the correct choice. Lee Rang asks why Lee Yeon came to save him. Lee Yeon quips he had some free time. Lee Rang demands to know why he picked to save him and not Ji Ah. Lee Yeon won’t give him a straight answer. Lee Rang’s leg has a zombie bite. Lee Yeon feels a fever. Lee Rang says the poison is likely spreading. Lee Yeon knows he only has 1 hour to save his brother. Lee Yeon chastising Lee Rang for hanging with an Imoogi and creating this situation. They run.