CHAPTER 16. Dead End (⬆️video above)

Granny looks at Ji Ah's record on the computer screen. She believes she must eliminate Ji Ah to stop chaos. She enters today as the date of death.

Lee Yeon holds Nam Ji Ah . She apologizes for losing control to the Imoogi as she entered the room. Lee Yeon assures her she did well. Ji Ah can still feel the Imoogi. She wants it out of her. She wants to be with Lee Yeon. He agrees it is time to end this.

Terry (the young Imoogi) walks along the street. People keel over. Ki Yoo Ri watches in horror. When Terry gets in the car, he explains he's doing this to defeat Lee Yeon who refuses to surrender. Terry says Lee Yeon is trying to defy destiny. Terry says there is no turning back now.

Lee Yeon brings Ji Ah to the table. Lee Rang (Kim Bum) is miffed that Lee Yeon didn't tell all the details of his plan. Vet Gu Shin Joo (Hwang Hee) defends Lee Yeon. The Snail Bride asks Lee Yeon if he got what he wanted. Lee Yeon says he found the key that enables the Imoogi to jump between bodies. Lee Yeon plans to bury the key so the Imoogi can never jump bodies.

Granny tells her husband, Hyun Ui Ong, if he walks away, they are done

Granny tells her husband, Hyun Ui Ong, if he walks away, they are done. She yells that she gave him immortality. Ui Ong counters he only wants his wife and son. Ui Ong says that living with her forever is punishment not reward. He ignores her order to stop. He leaves.

Ji Ah's boss returns to work. He has sores on his neck. Ji Ah's coworkers, Pyo Jae Hwan and Kim Sae Rom, learn what happened at the police station and call Ji Ah. She orders them to get away from their boss.

Ji Ah tells the Snail Bride her boss was at the police station. Lee Rang shows Lee Yeon an article about spots on victims. Lee Yeon tells Ji Ah to go home with the others and hurries out. Lee Yeon drives to the Afterlife Immigration Office after listening to Ui Ong's warning of Granny's actions.

Ji Ah worries about her parents. Shin Joo offers to check them out. Ji Ah tells Lee Rang she doesn't need him to escort her home. She walks by herself.

As Ji Ah enters a crosswalk, a truck comes barreling at her. Lee Rang sees it about to happen. Ui Ong stops the truck with fist. Lee Rang sees Ui Ong escort away. He assumes something big is brewing.

Lee Yeon arrives at the Afterlife Immigration Office. He can't believe that Granny messed with Ji Ah's death date. She isn't sorry. She says the Imoogi can't be killed with a sword. She says Ji Ah must die to kill the original Imoogi. Lee Yeon orders her to undo what she's done. Granny refuses. Lee Yeon vows not to let anyone take Ji Ah. Granny says it is out of his hands. Lee Yeon draws his sword. Granny stands and urges him to strike. Lee Yeon walks to her.

Ui Ong tells Ji Ah these kinds of things will continue while she lives. He shares that Lee Yeon went to talk to his wife. Ui Ong admits his wife never changes her mind.