CHAPTER 15. The Other Imoogi

Lee Yeon is horrified when the scales appear on Nam Ji Ah on her face and neck

Lee Yeon is horrified when the scales appear on Nam Ji Ah on her face and neck. She smiles and tells him it’s been a while. After 600 years, Lee Yeon faces his enemy in the body of the woman Lee Yeon loves. Lee Yeon asks where Ji Ah is. The Imoogi tells him, she’s in the body and in agony. Lee Yeon asks who the other guy that the Imoogi inhabited was. The Imoogi says if Lee Yeon had let Ji Ah be sacrificed on the island, he wouldn’t been split in two. The Imoogi says they’ll unite when the time is right. Lee Yeon asks when that will happen. The Imoogi states unification occurs in Lee Yeon’s body. Lee Yeon asks what’s with the obsession over his body. Lee Yeon wonders if the Imoogi not only grows fast but ages fast too. That hits the mark. The Imoogi declares if he’d become the dragon then he would have had Lee Yeon’s mountain powers. Lee Yeon murmurs the Imoogi wants revenge.

 Lee Yeon murmurs the Imoogi wants revenge

The Imoogi states Ji Ah will fade away. Lee Yeon vows to kill him. The Imoogi counters that will kill Ji Ah and saving Ji Ah will cause Lee Yeon’s death. The Imoogi asks if Lee Yeon will save himself or Ji Ah. Lee Yeon says that’s not what either of them want. The Imoogi strikes Lee Yeon and grabs him by the throat. The Imoogi declares Lee Yeon won’t touch the body. But the Imoogi can’t really hurt him. Lee Yeon realizes that Ji Ah’s body is weaker than the male body.

Refusing to concede the Imoogi grabs a metal stake and puts it in Lee Yeon’s chest

Refusing to concede the Imoogi grabs a metal stake and puts it in Lee Yeon’s chest. Lee Yeon’s covers Ji Ah’s hand and says she’s all he needs. The Imoogi orders him to give up his body and die. Lee Yeon stares into Ji Ah’s eyes and tells her to come back to him as he’ll always be waiting for her. He tells Ji Ah that he’s hers until death do them part. Ji Ah takes control of the body and says his name. She sees the stake in his chest. He pulls it out. She cries and begs him to kill her so she can never hurt him. Lee Yeon hugs her and assures her everything will be okay.