What do you think?

Start from the beginning

     "Thanks...I'm sorry... That's why I wanted to come with you and Jimin. While I know you don't want me here, I want to help any way I can. I don't want to get in the way, or slow you all down, or put any of you in danger. Please believe me when I say that's the last thing I want." she said, turning to him. He looked back at her. His stare was intimidating, but just like she noticed before, there was something else there. There was a softness in his chocolate eyes. She hadn't noticed she had been staring until the buzzer went off violently, and they both jumped.

     Yoongi looked away and put his tongue in his cheek. Jae jumped up maybe a little too fast, and she realized how long it had been since she'd eaten. She stumbled a little, and she had hoped Yoongi didn't see. She admittedly wasn't very strong, so carrying the endless bags of food outside proved to be a challenge. Yoongi fortunately saw this, and jogged over to help. Distributing the weight evenly, it became easier, especially when they had to dash back across the busy street.

     All was going well, until she felt one of the bags slipping from her fingers. She tried to adjust it while she was walking up the small hill, which proved to be a mistake. Gravity was not her friend in that moment and when she tried to adjust the weight of the bags, caused her to stumble backwards and fall down the small incline. She hit the ground hard with a thud, and she felt dizzy as she had hit her head on the hard pavement of the road.

     She felt disoriented, and she hadn't even realized that a car was coming, and it was coming fast. She heard yelling but there was no time to react. Something pulled her back at such a speed it made her nauseous. She blinked a few times to focus her vision and she saw Jimin looking at her with concern and fear, while Yoongi looked furious. "Are you fucking trying to get yourself killed?" Yoongi growled. He didn't yell, but his voice was low and scary. She felt Jimin feel the back of her head, "No blood, she should be fine. She did hit the ground pretty hard. Should we-"

     He stood up, wiping off some sweat off his forehead. "If she's fine, we need to get going. Can you stand?" he asked her roughly. Jae felt sick, and her head was pounding but she nodded, not wanting to upset him further. Any progress she felt like she had made with him was probably gone, which was the cause of her nausea.

     She felt Jimin's arms help her up to her feet, his ears were to the side and he looked worried, looking back and forth between her and Yoongi. Yoongi picked up the bags that Jae had dropped, thankfully nothing had spilled. He ended up carrying everything with ease, and stormed off before Jae could say thank you. Jimin stayed behind, making sure Jae could walk.

     "Are you okay?" he asked softly. Jae nodded, embarrassed more than anything. She can't believe she fell like that. "I'd never seen Yoongi react that fast. You were lucky he was there, I wouldn't have been quick enough." he said, looking down. He squeezed her hand, "He seemed mad, but he was worried. Honest."

     Jae gave him a smile with her eyes. "I'll be sure to thank him later. I'm okay. Really." The rest of the way, they walked in silence, but Jimin didn't let go of her hand once.

Yoongi's POV

      I've only experienced true panic once in my life. But this time...this time was different. The amount of panic I experienced when I saw Jae's head hit the pavement, was indescribable. The car seemed to be flying towards her and I couldn't think. Everything was a blur, my instincts winning over my panic telling me to run to her. The car wasn't going to stop, so I just pulled her towards me. Seemingly, just in time, and the car never slowed down once. I fucking hate people. I felt Jimin kneel down, and when I knew she was okay, I felt nothing but anger.

     Anger because she almost got hurt, on my watch. Anger that she fell, and I wasn't there to catch her. Anger that her life was almost snuffed out in an instant, because I wasn't careful. Just like last time. Why is she even here? Why do I care? Why should I care what happens to her?

     I was starting to get a migraine and I wanted to rip my ears off my head. My thoughts were overwhelming me again, and I started breathing heavily and out of rhythm. Now that I was alone, my body was catching up to the events of what transpired.

     I could feel myself starting to shake. I stopped walking and tried to calm myself down. I closed my eyes and thought about the breathing tricks Hobi taught me in case this ever happened. I wasn't having an attack, but it would happen if I didn't relax. Relax. Breathe. In...and out. Relax. You're fine. She's fine. They're fine. Breathe.

     Once I steadied my breathing again, Jimin and Jae were in sight again behind me. Jimin was holding her hand, and for some reason when I saw it I felt like I had eaten something bad. He looked so happy, like a kid with candy. What the hell is wrong with you? You just met her, why do you feel this way you idiot?

     He took one look at Jae, and I felt my heart beating really fast. Her hair looked so soft, it was lightly bouncing against her shoulders with each step she took, her skin looked incredibly soft, and the light from the sunrise was lightly kissing it, making her look like she was glowing. Her eyes reflected off of it, making them shine brighter than they were when I looked into them in front of the diner. She was beautiful, it was just that simple.

     She probably thought that I hated her. That's why I said what I said at the diner. I wanted to tell her I wasn't trying to be a dick, but I cared about my family. My brothers. My pack. I unconsciously rubbed the mark on my hand. If anything happened to even one of them, I would die. I guess that's why I pushed her away as hard as I did.

     It wasn't fair, and I knew it. Overwhelming feelings hit me suddenly. I felt the strong urge to grab her from Jimin and take her in my arms. I wanted to hold her, protect her, give her everything. I wanted her, in every possible way. I had felt this before, just not as intense, and the realization hit me like a truck. I knew why I felt this way.

     Oh....fuck.
************************************************
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

 ************************************************🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Another chapter to celebrate history being made.💓

💓