Anpanman Pt. 2

Hobi's POV

Things scare me easily. I suppose it was from the trauma from being locked up practically all my life, or maybe it was just my instincts: the prey side in me telling me to always flee instead of fight. I never, not once, felt the need to protect anyone, if you exclude Jin and Jungkook. Even then, I often felt scared, too afraid everything would crumble around me whenever trouble arose.

So why was it that as soon as I saw Jae about to be mauled by a bear, my immediate instinct was to protect?

Jimin and I went looking for her, the others had noticed after a while that they hadn't seen a trace of her, and we volunteered to look. I was particularly worried because I wasn't thrilled with how the other local hybrids were eyeing her up. On one hand, I couldn't blame them. But at the same time, it's really not right to judge a book by its cover.

We heard screaming and water splashing, and the next thing we knew we heard Jae's voice as well, and the both of us started running as fast as our legs would take us. Jimin shifted then to run even faster.

I was scared, once again. I was scared something bad was happening to Jae. I was scared that the HHA was taking her away from us. Away from me. She made me smile so easily, and it was the same for the rest as well. Scared that they would find us too, and lock me up again. I would rather die than go through that again. I can't do it again.

Jimin was way ahead of me and I could hear him growling at something. To my shock, I saw a huge bear, obviously a hybrid, on its hind legs, about to strike on a petrified looking Jae.

When I saw Jae there, helpless and in danger I changed. Suddenly, like a switch, I wasn't afraid anymore. My mind was screaming protect protect protect. There was a part of me that was shivering in my shoes but it's like my body moved on it's own and before I knew it my arms were around her wet, shivering body. She jumped at my touch at first but then I felt her lean into me, searching for warmth.

I took off my jacket in a hurry and put it around her. I saw a bunch of hybrid children standing to the side and another one was wet as well. They were all just watching, the big bad bear scaring them as well. The one that was wet had the same ears as the bear. I wasn't dumb and I put two and two together. It was just a parent protecting their child. Although it was something I knew nothing about, I could understand it.

I knew Jimin was talking to him through his growls but I couldn't make out what they were saying. When he called everyone fools, he was lucky I wasn't bigger like Taehyung or a bear like himself, or I would have torn him a new one right there. How dare he say such a thing when he doesn't know half of what we've all been through.

When he left, I felt a wave of exhaustion hit me, but I asked Jae if she was okay, and she looked at me with her big, gorgeous eyes. They were sparkling, dazzling in fact, like the whole galaxy was staring back at me.

When Jimin and I were taking her back to camp, I hadn't realized until we arrived with the others that I didn't let go of her waist the whole time we walked back. The other members made me realize I was a touchy person and I always clung to something or someone when I was anxious but also just generally. I was worried I made her feel awkward but she didn't say a word.

When the others saw she was wet, they looked at us for an explanation. Jimin gave a brief rundown to them and they may have looked calm outside but I knew they were boiling on the inside. Little things gave it away like Taehyung popping his knuckles, Jungkook hammering in the nail to the tent a little harder, and Namjoon tensing his jaw for a second.
I needed to ask Namjoon about what happened to me earlier.

I was weary that wasn't normal and he seemed to always have an answer for everything. I approached him, making sure he wasn't too busy with what he was doing. "Can I talk to you for a sec? Over there?"

Understanding I wanted to talk privately, he nodded and followed me behind one of the tents that was set up. He looked me in the eyes, listening attentively. "So um...it's kind of hard for me to explain this but I'll do my best." He didn't say a word, but I could tell he was paying attention. "Okay so...remember when we told you that we saved Jae from the bear hybrid? Well, something...happened to me." Namjoon looked confused but interested.

"Usually my instincts tell me to run, or hide. But when I saw Jae in danger..." I thought about it, trying to make sure I used the right words. "It was like a switch had turned on inside of me, and instead of wanting to hide I...I felt the want, or more like the need to protect her. I don't really understand why I reacted like that.." I was troubled by it, but Namjoon looked as if he had an epiphany.

"I'm glad you told me Hobi. I think we need to let Yoongi know about this as well. A group meeting is long overdue between the seven of us." He put his hand reassuringly on my shoulder. The seven of us? What about Jae? "Don't worry. Nothing is wrong with you. Everything is okay." he said with a small smile. His eyes told me he wasn't lying, but there was clearly something else that I wasn't getting. I could tell, something was troubling him.

It became later in the evening, and after we had eaten, we were all deciding who would be in each tent. Obviously, I wanted to be with Jae. As to why I had yet to figure that out.

************************************************

💜I hope Taehyung is having the best birthday ever he deserves everything and more🥳🥳🥳Once again thank you for reading and for your votes.💘💜

💘💜