What do you think?

Beginne am Anfang

    "Hi! I'd like to order some food to go please." she said, smiling at the lady. Not looking at her at first, she continued to type something on their computer. "Is that with you?" she pointed her pen in Yoongi's direction. His ears were twitching from all the noise and his hands were in his pockets, and he was trying to avoid eye contact with everyone. "Yes, he is my hybrid. Is there a problem?" Jae asked, trying to keep her fake smile. "We don't allow them in this establishment without a leash. Even then, we don't prefer people bringing their pets in here." she said. She flicked her wrist and gestured it towards the door.

     "Put it outside, or I have the right to refuse service." she said, without batting her fake eyelashes. "Oh, my apologies, but I don't see a sign anywhere?" Jae said, failing to hide her annoyance. The lady pointed above her and sure enough, there was a sign with a hybrid figure with an X over it. Jae silently cursed at herself, not seeing it earlier.

     "If you'll excuse me for a moment." she said, and the lady didn't even acknowledge it. She walked swiftly back to Yoongi and went to loop her arm with his. She could feel him flinch away and she said, "Please just play along." only loud enough so he could hear. He looked unamused, but let her hold his arm.

     Once they had gotten back outside, they walked a little bit away, and Jae said, "It was a no hybrid establishment, I had a feeling. Sorry, I should have said something earlier." Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Pricks. Whatever. Here's what the guys want." Jae thought her head was going to explode when she had to remember everything, and he said it so fast Jae swears he would have no problem being a rapper.

     While Yoongi was still talking she remembered that Jimin outside too she looked across the street and sure enough, there he was, crouched on the side of the road, waiting. He gave Jae a little wave. His hands looked so small and-

     "Got it? Repeat it back." he ordered. By some miracle, she did, and for once ever since they've met, he looked satisfied with her. She felt proud, and she felt over the moon when he said, "Good job." Two little words made her beam. She wanted him to be proud. She was finally getting through to him.

     She practically skipped inside the restaurant, and the lady finally acknowledged her existence. Once she had ordered enough food to feed an army, she gave the lady the card. She raised her eyebrows at it. "Can I see some ID? It's protocol if a customer uses a card like this." Jae froze, "Um...I...I don't have my ID with me." It was true, she didn't have it, she didn't bother to grab anything from her home before. Although, it's not like she had time to, considering she had gotten shot.

     The lady sighed, deeply annoyed at this point. "You don't look like a psychopath so I'll let it slide just this once. I'm not always this nice. Be thankful." Jeez, how are you when you're not nice? Jae made sure to thank her, and she said it would be about thirty minutes and gave her a buzzer. Jae walked back outside and Yoongi was sitting on the curb next to the diner. He looked confused as to why her hands weren't full of food. Jae held up the little buzzer.

     "Gotta wait thirty minutes. That's actually not bad considering all the food we just got." She sat down next to him and they were in silence for what seemed like an eternity. To Jae's surprise, Yoongi spoke up, "Look. Just so we don't have any misunderstandings from now on, I don't...hate you. I just...it would be better if you weren't with us, okay? Especially considering who you are. I'm just telling you like it is. It puts us in a risky situation." The words hurt, but he didn't blame him for saying so. She knew the rest of the boys came first, no matter what, and she respected that.

     "I don't know how bad your home life was and I'm sorry for that, but, I know Namjoon probably has a plan right now to get us somewhere safe. It'll all work out in the end." There was comfort in his words and Jae's heart felt like it was being squeezed.