Chapter 28

The second Taeil saw the script for the promotional video that the writers had given them, Taeil knew why Daeun was here.

Daeun must not be doing to well with her solo promotions as she was performing in the live show later that week. Taeil knew the industry well enough to know that these competitions were a good place for experienced idols to gain exposure, but not many idols needed it. Daeun must have begged her company for this.

The reason why they had chose Taeil to film the promotion with her is because they wanted to advertise that it would be his first time on stage in a while. It was his big return to the industry.

Taeil did his best during the filming of the promotion so that it would end as soon as possible. Daeun seemed to be doing quite the opposite. Thankfully, after a reminder from the staff that Taeil was needed for rehearsals with his team and she still had to work the other teams, she was much more professional.

Taeil was much happier to join Iseul in a smaller practice room where she was listening to their duet on the speakers.

While the crew was setting up their gear, Taeil approached the girl. He slipped his hand in his back pocket, turning his microphone off so the crew wouldn't catch what his was about to say.

"Hey Iseul, can I see you mic for a second?" Taeil asked. The girl nodded, removing the pack from her pocket.

Taeil turned hers off too, surprising Iseul. She soon understood as Taeil began to speak.

"Hey I'm so sorry about Daeun. I know you're upset but I promise that she means nothing to me. You're the one that I love, don't forget that, alright?" Taeil told her.

Iseul simply nodded, taking her pack back and turning her microphone back on. "It's fine, it's no big deal. Let's just focus on our rehearsal."

She just needs some time, Taeil thought as Iseul took her place, warming up her throat for their duet practice.

...

"Oh my gosh Jeno, she's so freaking annoying." Haechan said, a loud groan leaving his lips.

Iseul was with the two boys at the bus stop, waiting for the bus that would take them back to the dorms. Taeil had offered to drive her home but she didn't want to bother the male so she told him that she would bus with Haechan and Jeno.

"Really? She seemed alright with us." Jeno told him but Haechan shook his head.

"All the staff and older people at the company says she's probably a witch. When she left, it was so nice because it was like the trash was taken out."

Iseul was in a bad mood from seeing Daeun all clingy with Taeil but Haechan's comment made her laugh.

"That sucks, I wonder if she has a thing for Taeil." Jeno said, ruining Iseul's mood once again.

She was surprised when Haechan shook his head though, glancing at Iseul.

"No, I don't think so. I think he has his eyes set on someone else."

...

Iseul wanted to throw her phone across the room as she saw the short teaser the show had made with Taeil and Daeun. The girl no different in the clip as she was in real life.

Haechan, who was warming up with her, looked up at the older girl once the sounds from her phone stopped. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Iseul replied through gritted teeth as she returned her phone to her pocket.

Haechan glanced around, as if he was checking for cameras before moving closer to her. "I know you and hyung have a thing."

"What?!" Iseul exclaimed, shocked. Haechan gave her a small smile.

"It's quite obvious from the looks you give each other and honestly, I think it's kind of cute. I rate it." Haechan continued.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't know. If you think there's anything between Taeil-hyung and Daeun, I'm here to tell you that there honestly isn't."

"And how would you know?" Iseul said, narrowing her eyes. Haechan shot her a look in response.

"Do you think Taeil is stupid enough to try something with her? She's just trying to start a dumb rumour or something to gain popularity. But don't let it get to you, just do whatever you're doing. And maybe go easy on hyung, I think he's stressed so maybe give him a hug and kiss to make him feel better during your duet rehearsal later."

Iseul didn't know how to respond as Haechan giggled at his own words, rolling on the floor laughing. She rolled her eyes, lightly kicking his leg.

"Shut up and let's just rehearse."

...

Iseul took a deep breath, remembering what Haechan had said before entering the recording studio. She was surprised when she was immediately engulfed into a warm embrace.

"Cameras?" Iseul whispered but Taeil shook his head.

"I told them that I didn't want this rehearsal to be filmed so they took them out. I spent the past hour making sure there wasn't a hidden one somewhere and I'm basically certain that they're all gone. If there is one though, I have a group of lawyers ready to sue." Taeil quickly told her.

Iseul was holding in her smile as Taeil backed away, his hands resting on her waist as he met her eyes. "Why did you do all this, Taeil?"

"Because I wanted to clear things between us." Taeil told her. "There's tension and I don't like it. You've been ignoring my messages ever since Daeun came."

Iseul took a deep breath, feeling guilty as she realize how hurt Taeil must have been. "I'm so sorry Taeil, I was just insecure."

Taeil lightly brushed his fingers against her face, cupping her chin in his hand. "Why would you ever compare yourself to someone like her? You're so much more beautiful, talented, and overall such a better person. There's nothing to worry about, you mean the world to me, Iseul."

Iseul had to look away, unable to look Taeil in the eyes. "But Daeun's an idol and you're a former idol and world famous songwriter and I'm just a competitor on this show who's just trying to change the direction her life is headed in."

Taeil used his thumb to gently twist her face so she was looking at him. "Iseul, even if you weren't on this show and were just a regular college student, I would still want to be with you. None of this," motioned to the fancy gear around them with his free hand, "matters."

Iseul slowly nodded her head, still unconvinced. Taeil took the opportunity to press a soft kiss against her lips.

"Iseul, you know I don't decide to date people overnight. It's risky, but I'm willing to break all the rules I ever had for you, that's how much you mean to me." Taeil said, holding onto both her hands.

Those words seemed to do the trick for her as she leaned forward, giving him a peck.

"I know, I'm just stupid. Let's just put this all aside and enjoy our rehearsal one last time before going on stage tomorrow." Iseul said, pulling Taeil towards the two chairs in front of his laptop.

———————————————————————————

Cutie potatoes :)