Chapter 9

"Whoa."

Iseul was shocked at all the recording equipment in front of her as she followed Taeil into one of the recording studios.

Iseul absolutely adored having Taeil as a mentor. He had the perfect balance between strict and friendly, giving them the corrections they needed but also the support as well.

Iseul was surprised that Taeil had given her the chorus with Haechan, probably the hardest parts of the song. It was harder than having solo parts, as she needed to match Haechan's voice.

Haechan honestly intimidated her. His skill was beyond hers for miles, and it was hard for her to keep up with him. That's why she had approached Taeil, asking for help, and couldn't be happier when Taeil was more than wiling to give that to her.

"You've never been inside a recording studio before, have you?" Taeil asked. Iseul shook her head.

"Never."

She heard Taeil let our a deep sigh and wondered if she had said anything wrong. "That's such a shame. I basically live in a recording studio."

"A recording studio is like heaven for a songwriter." Iseul pointed out. Taeil nodded in agreement.

"It is."

Taeil motioned for her to sit as he took out his laptop, plugging it into the system. He took off his cap, running his fingers through his hair before placing it back on his head, adjusting his grey hoodie. "How long have you been writing songs for?"

"Huh?" Iseul said, not expecting her mentor to ask her that. Taeil turned his head to meet her eyes, repeating the question.

"How long have you be writing songs for? Your audition song was really well done."

"Oh, it's been a few years, I guess. I started in high school." Iseul told him.

"Do you play any other instruments, aside from the guitar?" Taeil asked.

"I mainly play the guitar and piano but I learned a bunch a band instruments from school." Iseul said, making Taeil chuckled.

"You did a lot in school, didn't you?" Taeill said with a smile.

Iseul shrugged. "My music teachers knew I liked music so they were willing to spend the extra time teaching me and I was willing to learn."

"So you haven't really had formal training?" Taeil asked.

Iseul shook her head. "Never."

"That's real talent." Iseul heard Taeil muttered as he glanced as his laptop before turning back to her.

"Let's start with working on the chorus, how does that sound?" Taeil asked.

"Alright."

"Okay." Taeil said, spinning his chair to face her. Iseul gulped as Taeil's eyes met hers.

It was definitely different having Taeil sitting right in front of her, his attention all on Iseul in comparision to when they were with the rest of the team. There, Taeil was much farther and his attention shifted from Iseul to the other members of the team.

And it wasn't just anyone. It was Moon Taeil, a former idol and member of Timeless, a group that she had looked up to for a while. Moon Taeil, one of the best songwriters and vocalists of the industry, sitting right in front of her just to listen to her sing.

Taeil let out a chuckle and gave Iseul a smile. "Relax, Iseul. Like I said before, I'm your mentor, not your competitor."

"But you're also a big celebrity." Iseul pointed out. "Your songs are amazing."