Chapter 27

Iseul glanced at her phone as she sat on the bus that would take her to the training facility. Taeil and her had messaged for a while last night.

I mean, what were you expecting? Iseul thought as she recalled their conversation.

Taeil had giving her a light reminder that Taeil was indeed a celebrity and her mentor, and she was still a competitor of the competition. They had to be careful with their relationship to make sure that they wouldn't get caught by stalker fans.

"How's your song coming along?" Jeno asked. Iseul put her phone down, giving the male a small smile.

"It's going well, how's yours?" Iseul asked back.

"It's alright, I guess. It's hard to write a song with the input of five different people." Jeno said with a pout.

Iseul gave him a reassuing pat on the shoulder. "I'm sure you'll all figure it out."

"I hope so." Jeno said with a sigh, looking out the window.

Iseul could tell that the competition was starting to get to Jeno's head. Even with his near perfect solo performance, his had dropped to fifth place.

Before Iseul could say anything else, she felt a poke and turned to meet Haechan's eyes, who was sitting on the seat on the other side of her.

"Did you bring the lyrics sheet? I forgot mine." Haechan asked her. Iseul nodded, taking out the papers from her bag to pass to Haechan.

While Jeno had dropped, Haechan had kept his second place spot, just on the heels of the competitor in first place. Iseul wouldn't be surprised one bit if Haechan won the competition, with his level of skill.

They soon arrived at the training facility and Iseul made her way with Haechan to their regular practice room to see that Taeil wasn't sitting alone at the usual table in front of the mirror. There was a female idol beside him.

"Iseul, Haechan, I'd like to introduce you to Daeun."

...

Kim Daeun, a famous soloist idol that the writers had invited. Apparently, she would be visiting all the other teams as well to check their progress, but she would be starting with Taeil's team.

Taeil was not excited one bit to be working with the girl. Daeun was far from being a part of Taeil's good books when it came to idols.

Daeun trained with Taeil, Doyoung, and Jaehyun and was not happy when she heard that the three males were debuting before her. She had demanded a solo debut soon after them, but even the CEO knew that she wasn't ready for it.

So Daeun had left their company and made her solo debut elsewhere. She did alright, but Taeil always thought her music was lacking.

Taeil thought she was cheesy and tacky, completely fake. She was known in the company for being all smiles in front of the staff members but would also talk smack about everyone in the dorms. Taeil and his friends had a good theory that Daeun was kicked out of the company.

Daeun was also terribly flirty with male idols. Jaehyun had told them that he hated the one show he had to do with her, as she would exaggerate her laughs and often grab onto his arm or smack him.

Definitely not excited to work with her.

"Taeil-oppa!" Daeun exclaimed as Taeil hid his disappointment for the sake of the camera. That awful high pitched voice. "It's so nice to see you again!"

"Hi." Taeil said, faking a smile as he waved. Sure enough, Daeun engulfed him in a big hug, very much against his will.

"I'm so excited to see your team. I've been keeping up with the show and know that you have two superstars!" Daeun said with a wide grin as she dragged him to the table.