Chapter 1

(A/N: This chapter is kind of boring in the beginning, so if you really don't care about character introduction, then just know the current first years are in third year. And just skip right to the bottom where the problem starts!)

Sweat dripped down my face, as I glared through the net at my opponent. I rolled my shoulders back once, placing my feet firmly on the gym floor, and prepared myself.

"Why are you so tense, Captain?" teased Tsukishima, smirking on the other side of the net.

"Shut up!" I snapped back, while Hinata wheeled with laughter besides me, bouncing up and down.

"Yeah, why are you so tense, Kageyama?" asked the orange-haired boy, beaming wildly at me. "We'll get the next one."

"Won't be so easy. We take the next one, and we win," said Tskishima, glancing behind him to see who the server was. Yamaguchi was taking his place, spinning the ball between his fingers and staring intensely up ahead. He had improved greatly since first year, his jump floats becoming more exact and skilled.

Well, all of us had improved. Of course, we all got better at all the volleyball skills needed to play, like setting and receiving, but all of us developed a stronger power for our main job. Hinata jumped higher and spiked harder and more precise. Tsukishima's defense was stronger than ever, and even Yachi understood the rules of volleyball greatly, as manager. And of course, my sets are perfect as always. Just even more perfect.

"Guysss!" whined Yachi at the sidelines besides Coach Ukai and Takeda. "Stop bickering!"

"Sorry Yachi-San," I muttered with Tsukishima, who sounded drier than ever.

Yamaguchi took a few steps back, then sped into a jog. He tossed the ball high in the air, his eyes focused on it. Then he jumped, his palm coming in contact with the ball. The ball seemed to wobble in slow motion, making us unsure of where it would go to. I followed the ball with my eyes immediately, whirling around to see who it went to.

"IT'S UP!" yelled Asyama Dai, our second year libero. He was quite talented for only picking up volleyball last year of middle school. Even though it's already been a year with the second years, and three months with the first years, it still felt strange to have this new team. I was so used to my team in first year. Of course, I was friendly with my team, but I knew I would never be as close with them as I was with my team back in first year. And now I was the Captain of all of them. Ennoshita thought I was best for the job. How far I've come in Karasuno volleyball.

The ball wasn't received the best, but I still could get under it. I lept under the ball, tilting my head back and placing my hands perfectly beneath it. Pushing with my arms, the ball flies towards Hinata who's already zooming towards the side, in a narrow position. Tskuishima is coming towards Hinata as well, but the spiker (who's still short), but the orange- haired boy slams it over his fingers, right into the ground.

My team cheers in excitement, then we take our spots back.

"You were saying?" I taunted Tskishima, and he grinded his teeth. He probably would've tackled me, if it weren't for Coach Ukai screaming about how we had to finish up soon.

The game goes on for another fifteen minutes. We're at match point.

Second year Tomi Takeo serves the ball on my side.

Yamaguchi recieved it, picking the ball up. Yu Eisaku setted it to wing spiker Koji Sakuragi, who had precise aims, but they were still weak. First year Taizo passed the ball to me. He began running towards the net along with Hinata and Aoyama. They come at different spots, jumping into the air.