Chapter 14

Hinata had transitioned into only needing one crutch, and the whole team was excited to know that he was going to be getting off them completely and going to physical therapy. My future seemed so much clearer knowing I was going to be having Hinata by my side, and the upcoming graduation in two months was a little easier to accept.

When school finally ended today, I never felt a greater relief. I was exhausted from fighting with my dad again in the morning before rushing to my morning job where I had a snappy costumer (he also spilled coffee on me and blamed me.) Then Hinata had some doctor's appointment in the morning for his broken leg, so I didn't have anyone to walk to school with, and I'm 90% sure I flunked my math test. So it was great that I could finally get to volleyball practice and let myself be in the sport with my teammates.

When I walked inside the gym, mostly everyone was already there, including Hinata. He was sitting on the bench besides Yachi and helping her fill up water bottles for later. Hinata's eyes perks up when he sees me, and a big beam rises on his face. I smile softly back, and Tsukishima rattles behind me, teasing us. I drop besides Hinata on the bench and immediately slump my forehead into his shoulder, pressing against the side of his neck.

"Tobio!" Hinata whispers-yells in surprise, and I relax into his hold, feeling his gentle fingers run through my dark hair. "We're at practice! The team is watching."

"Let them," I murmur, the day's stress slowly melting away. "They already know about us anyways."

Hinata chuckles quietly. "Is everything okay?"

I groan and sit up, throwing an arm around Hinata's shoulder. "Much better now."

I join the team into our regular warm ups of jogging and then we break out into a series of volleyball drills. I begin setting a volleyball over and over in the air, watching it go up and down, bouncing on my fingertips. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Hinata looking at me. He beams when he sees I've caught his eye.

"Hinata," I say calmly, and I set the ball towards him. He reaches his hands up, passing it back to me, and we got into a series of repetitive passing.

Suddenly the ball slips of Hinata's fingers- ("Ha! I win, dumbass!" I tease), and it flies to the side, whacking Tsukishima who was digging through his bag right on the head

Suddenly the ball slips of Hinata's fingers- ("Ha! I win, dumbass!" I tease), and it flies to the side, whacking Tsukishima who was digging through his bag right on the head. He lets out a small grunt and stumbles back, his bag slipping from his grasp and onto the ground. The contents spill out with school books and...

"Tsuki!" cries Yamaguchi, rushing over to his closest friend, while Hinata breaks into giggles. Meanwhile, I'm hunkering own to see the strange item that had fallen out of Tsukishima's backpack.

"Tsukishima," I say, picking up the item and holding it up. "What is this?"

Dinosaur glasses. They were dinosaur framed glasses.

A smirk is rising on my face, and Hinata gapes at it for a few seconds before roaring in laughter and clutching his stomach. The rest of the team is shoving their way towards us to check what all the commotion was about, and they too joined the laughter, pointing and taking pictures. Yachi is giggling behind her hands, and even Takeda are chortling loudly.