Chapter 9

Something stirs against my chest, brushing against my nose, and my eyelids slowly flutter open, sunlight beginning to seep into my view. For a moment, I lay still, eyes half-opened, still half-awake, quietly listening to my breath. Which was joined by another.

My eyes immediately shoot wide open, and slowly, as if I looked fast enough, he would disappear, I glanced down. Curled against my chest, the top of his head brushing against my face, Hinata is sleeping. His body gently rises up and down, one of his hands curled around the blanket, another tucked beneath his head.

So it wasn't all a dream.

We really had confessed to each other, and we really had kissed- not once, but twice. My cheeks warm up slightly at the thought of it, and I smile softly to myself.

What time is it, I thought. Careful to not disturb Hinata, I awkwardly shift away from him, cautiously slipping the blanket off my body. I practically fall off the bed, and I quickly dart back up, eyes narrowed at Hinata to see if he had woken. Hinata only lets out a small snore, rolling over on his other side.

I grabbed my phone inside the sleeping bag I was suppose to sleep in and turned it on.

8:30.

Good thing it was a Saturday.

Slipping the phone into my pocket, I head into the bathroom. I'm about to brush my teeth with the toothbrush I was given last night when my phone begins to buzz. I drop the toothbrush back down on the sink and pull out my phone. It was my sister.

I click accept, sitting down on the tiled floor. Her face appears on the screen, mine in the corner. Miwa's sitting at a table, twirling chopsticks in her bowl filled with noodles. She grins at me, adjusting her short black hair.

"Morning, lil' bro," she says, picking up a slice of beef with her chopsticks

"Morning, lil' bro," she says, picking up a slice of beef with her chopsticks. "I think. What time is it there?"

"8:30 a.m."

"6:30 p.m here," she says. "I'm actually having an early dinner. Surprise."

"You've been really busy at school lately?"