Chapter 24

Chapter 24: overwhelmed.

I nodded. We were super quiet after that. Iniisip ko kung paano ba dapat ako mag react. Isn't it going to be too selfish if I'll be angry again?

I remembered that I told him back then that our relationship has the two of us and it won't work if the other one doesn't want it to work. Why do I keep on forgetting that he's also human? That he also has feelings?

But was it selfish to choose me? Was I too selfish there? Was it wrong?

"It's getting cold, tara na." I said without looking at him. Tumayo nalang ako mula roon sa damuhan at pinagpagan ang damit ko. I was about to walk to the van when he held me by my wrist.

"I'm sorry," he keeps on apologizing!

I removed his hands from mine and looked at him. "You don't need to be sorry. I understand." I smiled and went to the van.

It was a hour drive to get back to our house. The whole ride tahimik lang kaming lahat. Alam ko naman kinakapa nila 'yung mood at reaksyon ko.

Kuya parked at our garage at deretso na pumunta sa likod para kunin yung bagahe namin. Kief went out first but I stayed inside the van.

Pinagmasdan ko 'yung bahay namin, ganoon parin 'yon, wala parin nagbago. Siguro meron pero kakaunti lang 'yon.

My parents love this house so dearly.

I was admiring my surroundings. It's kinda overwhelming. Ang dami-dami nangyayari sa paligid ko.

I wanted clear answers regarding him.. I can't even say his name. But the only person who can give me those clear answers is Axel...

Bumaba na 'ko mula sa van at napagdesisyunan ko na pumunta na muna sa park. I didn't want to enter our house yet.

It was still too overwhelming. Just when I thought things will be okay another chapter of hardships came.

I was at the gate already when I saw a hoodie hanging at the gate, it has a note telling me to wear it because it's cold.

"Wear this, ingat ka sa park."

I took the black hoodie and wore it. I know it's from kuya.

My hands were inside the pocket of the hoodie while I was walking to the park.

When I arrived, I saw a girl sitting on one of the swings. Just from her back, I can already tell who it was.

I walked and sat beside the swing she was sitting on.

"Quiet and peace, huh?" I said.

She looked at me, frightened. Her eyes got rounded.

"Y-you're back," she avoided my gaze. I chuckled.

"You okay?" I pushed one of my feet on the ground to make the swing move. I was holding onto the chains of the swing while I was looking at the moon.

"I'm sorry," guilt was evident in her voice.

I laughed sarcastically. "Why do you guys keep on asking for forgiveness. As if your apology can make a difference."