Chapter 20

Chapter 20: a short while

"Dr. Antonez, I wasn't expecting to see you here," I passed my responsibility as Axel's doctor and surgeon to one of my trusted co-doctors. I can't let that self-centered ass hole take care of Axel. For me, his existence in the medical field is a big joke. Who in there right mind takes saving lives as a competition?

"I'm the trusted relative of him. His family wanted me to take care of him, I hope you don't mind that I am here."

"Of course not! Why will I?"

I just smiled. She just checked his dextrose and tubes. She even reminded me to change his dressing every eight hours as if I didn't know that.

I just nodded and smiled at her. "Talk to him, it helps. I know he hears you."

After that she just left. Kausapin? Anong sasabihin ko?

Putangina ka kasi sinaktan mo 'ko? Tangina ka kasi iniwan mo ulit akong mag isang lumalaban? Did I ever crossed your mind when you left me.. again?

Ganoon ba? Wala na nga 'kong pride sa lagay na 'to. Kinain ko na lahat. Dapat galit ako.

Dapat sinusuntok ko na siya sa sobrang sakit ng ginawa niya. Sa sobrang bigat ng impact na iniwan niya. But I know I just can't do that.

"You fucking hurt me. But why the fuck do I still love you as if my heart was never broken by you." I held his hand as gentle as I can, afraid that it'll hurt him if I was harsh.

"Why do I still keep living for you? Do you know how many times I always thought of you whenever I wanted to end things already?" I was starting to get emotional. I just wished he was speaking and talking to me now.

How I wish he could've answered my questions. I wanted clear answers already.

All throughout my life I question everything.

I just wanna live freely and peacefully... without thinking if I will hurt anyone.

"Please wake up now, no matter how much pain you gave me I will still love you unconditionally. So please just wake up there and chase back your dreams. I've already kinda reached mine. So wake up now, please?" With that a tear dropped off my eyes, again.

Hindi ko alam ilang beses ko pa ba kailangang umiyak para lang tumigil na lahat ng sakit na nararamdaman ko. Para lang mabawasan na lahat ng problemang dinadala ko.

Lana told me that if ever I got the chance to see him again, to talk to him again she said that I should listen to his side. That I shouldn't let my anger do the talking.

Hindi ko alam anong alam ni Lana. She already went back home to Philippines years ago. I was left here. I was scared to go back home.

I even have this feeling na silang lahat may tinatago sa'kin.

I held his hand while I was crying. I was begging.

"I said stop crying already, diba?" Kaagad kong pinunasan ang mga mata ko. I thought I'll see Yejun but I saw Kieffer...

I was shocked. I was staring at him for so long, he flicked my forehead. That didn't make any difference I was still shocked.

He opened his arms, gesturing for a hug. That's when it sunk onto me. He is really here.

He walked towards me and gave me a hug while I was still sitting down and he was standing beside me. He caressed my head and said everything's going to be alright.