Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Step by step (1)

"His sun's tired,"

"Po?" She looked at me, not really getting what I said. "Pagod na ang araw niya,"

"Pero kahit pagod na po siguro siya hindi naman po siya mapapagod bumangon ulit. Dahil kailanman hindi nawala ang araw. Sumisikat pa rin po ito katapos ng buwan." She said, getting why He called me his sun.

"Nag-aaral ka diba?" Tanong ko sakanya. I looked at her. Tumango lang siya at ngumiti.

"Kayo po? Doctor na po ba kayo?" Na-excite siya sa sarili niyang tanong. The last time I went here she said all her dreams to me. She lost her family at such an early age. His father died because of a car accident. While her mother died because of cancer. Bilib ako sakanya dahil lahat ng pagsubok na 'yon nakayanan niya.

She said she wanted to be a doctor for cancer patients. She wanted to treat them. So I told her when she gets asked what she wants to be in the future she'll say she wanted to be an oncologist.

"Nag-aaral pa 'ko. Matagal pa bago ako maging ganap na doctor."

"Miss na miss na po kita. Kung siguro po hindi ko kayo nakilala, mawawalan na 'ko ng pag-asa sa mga pangarap ko." I can tell she got sad a little bit. Just the tone of her voice says it all.

See the importance of dreaming? Now a days I feel like dreaming is only applicable to those who are privileged. Some other people just choose to give up their own dreams because either, they don't have enough money or it's just not purely practical. In some cases, like mine, they get controlled for their dreams. Although I'm still lucky to pursue what I like. I still get controlled. If I fail, my dreams are going down the drain. And from that point I'll start to pursue what my parents like.

I was under pressure. So much pressure.

"Don't give up your dreams. Pag-dating ng araw ako ang mag papaaral sa 'yo para matuloy mo ang mga pangarap mo, pangako 'yan." I raised my pinky finger in front of her. I was waiting for her to intertwine hers with mine but that did not happen.

"Hindi ko sisirain ang pangako ko,"

"Pero, may nangako na po sa 'kin na papag-aralin niya po ako." My brows furrowed. Sino naman ang mangangako sakanya??

"Huh? Who?" I asked, getting confused who promised to answer her school expenses in the future.

"Ako." Someone suddenly spoke behind me. The moment I looked back, I knew I am not here to celebrate Christmas. But to talk about us.

"Kuya Ax!" Yrany jumped out of joy and ran towards Axel. Axel patted her head and said something that made her leave. "Merry Christmas po Telarae!" The girl greeted before leaving.

Wala na 'kong choice. I did not want to escape because sooner or later I still have to face him. I wanted answers. I wanted peace, and most of all, I wanted my pain to stop already.

He quietly sat down the swing beside mine, where Yrany sat down earlier. "How are you?" He suddenly asked.

I tried my very best to collect myself. Pumikit ako ng mariin at huminga ng malalim bago nag-salita. "Do I look like I'm okay?" I said while my gaze is at front. I didn't want to face him. I don't want to cry this early.