Chapter 13

chapter 13: broken?

"Bilis naman ng araw. Uuwi ka na nga bukas." Chloe pouted at me. She's helping me pack my luggage. It brings back the old days when she also helped me pack my things back then before I migrated to US.

Siya lang naman ang pwedeng tumulong sa 'kin dahil lahat sila busy na. Wala lang siyang lipad ngayon kaya natulungan niya 'ko. Lana's staying for one more week, sabay dapat kami uuwi kaso bigla siya nag-extend. Hindi ko rin alam bakit.

"I'm going back home after few more years." I said while folding my clothes.

"Few more years, you mean more than a decade? You're still in med school and you're just graduating this year. May residency ka pa kaya." Sambit niya habang nagtutupi rin ng mga damit ko.

"Para namang ang laking kawalan kung mawawala pa 'ko nang mas matagal. That does not make a difference. Plus, I'm just a no one here. It won't make a difference." Sambit ko sabay sara ng isa sa mga maleta ko.

She looked at me with accusing eyes. "What?" Kunot noo kong tanong.

"Bobo ka ba? Anong parang? Tanga malaki talaga. Ang hirap mag-adjust alam mo ba 'yon?!" She suddenly raised her voice.

"Hoy tanga, huwag mo nga akong sigawan diyan. Ang epal mo!" Inirapan ko siya.

"Ee, punyeta ka, ee, ako kaya umalis ng biglaan tapos try mo mag-adjust?" She raised a brow at me.

"Hindi lang naman ikaw ang nahirapan mag-adjust, ah? Paano naman ako? I'm under pain and all yet I still have to also adjust with my environment."

"Joke lang naman, sis, biro lang. Sorry na!" She raised a peace sign at me and suddenly hugged me.

"Pota! Pinapatay mo ba 'ko?!" Sambit ko nang makawala sa yakap. She hugged me so tight that I felt like I was choking.

"Pwede rin!" She giggled. I just sighed and continued packing another of my luggage.

We started around eight am and it's now past eleven, it's almost lunch time. Matagal rin kami nag-impake, lalo na may weight limit 'yung mga bagahe. Ang hirap magdesisyon kung anong iiwan ko nalang rito. I didn't really bought a lot of pasalubongs. Wala naman ako masyadong kamaganak sa New York, majority of my relatives that lives abroad, lives in UK. I only bought some for Lana's parents and some for my friends.

"Nakakagutom rin pala magimpake nang ganon karami. Di ko pa naranasan gutumin kapag nag-iimpake para sa mga lipad ko." Sambit ni Chloe habang pababa kami ng hagdan. Nagpaluto kasi ako ng sisig at kare-kare dahil iyon talaga ang mamimiss kong kainin. Back to american foods and salads ulit niyan ako pagbalik ko ng NYC.

"Doon ata kasi ako mag-stestay ulit?" Sakristo kong sambit.

"Tss, edi wow, hakdog." Barumbado niyang sagot.

"Ikaw ha. aminin mo na kasi, impluwensya ng boypren mo 'yan sa 'yo!" Kinurot ko pa ang tagiliran niya.

"Aray!" Reklamo niya. "Hindi ko boyfriend si Kieffer ah! Paulit-ulit?? Ano ka? Sirang plaka? Pota, kasawa, ee." She said with annoyance evident in her voice.

"Wala akong sinabing pangalan." I tried to hold in my laughter, but failed. I laughed even harder when I saw her reaction. Her eyes widened.

"G-gutom na 'ko! Kakain na 'ko! Bahala ka na diyan!" Mabilis niyang sambit bago mabilis na naupo sa dining table.

Tumatawa pa rin ako nang maupo sa tapat niya. Her eyes were everywhere, trying to avoid my gaze.

"Halata mong bata ka." Umiling-iling ako.

"Hindi ko gusto 'yung gung-gong na 'yon ah!" Depensa niya ulit. Wala naman akong sinabing gusto niya si Kief, ah? Ang sabi ko lang naman halata siya. Anong pinuputok ng buchi nito?

"Wala naman akong sinabing gusto mo siya, ah? Deffensive mo naman." I was still laughing.

"Alam mo, kung hindi lang ako nasa pamamahay mo, kanina pa kita nasabunutan diyan." she bit her lower lip with annoyance.

I just laughed at her reaction and ate after.

Time passed by quickly and it's now past four in the afternoon. Chloe stayed, wala naman siyang ibang gagawin.

"I may not show my care and love for you, but always remember that deep inside me, I care and love you more than you do to me." She suddenly said out of the blue.

My gaze turned to her. We're out here in the garden, seating at our swing, staring at the sky and waiting for the sun to set.

"I know that. It's just not your personality. You're vulgar, yet you're not showy." I said before turning my gaze back to the sky.

"You're the best thing that happened to me, Kila. Without you, I'm a no one in my field of profession." I saw her bit her lower lip.

I just chuckled, "You deserve where you are now. It's all you, no, without you and your dedication you're a no one in your field of profession." I smiled.

"I don't understand why the kindest people needs to suffer and get hurt." She sighed. "You don't deserve all the things you've been through."

"If I didn't experience hardships, I wouldn't be someone who I am today. I won't change. All the pain and hardships I've undergone through were all the reasons why I'm still alive, fighting." I bit my lower lip and pushed my feet against the ground to make the swing move.

"Depression's not a joke. Your body wants to live but your mind tells you to kill yourself already. It was and is a tough battle. I haven't recovered yet, I'm still sure I'm still depressed. It's hard to fight."

"Sobrang lakas mong tao, mahal na mahal kita, Kila." She said with teary eyes.

Tumayo siya mula sa kinauupuan niya at yinakap ako. Suddenly I started sobbing.

"It hurts to leave you, my family and my hometown. But I have to." I said while still sobbing.

"You'll always see me at the end of the road, supporting you. The day you come back, I hope you've already reached your delayed dreams." She said and caressed my hair.

Time went by quickly and it's now eight o 'clock in the evening. I'm leaving early in the morning tomorrow. Chloe chose to sleepover and just leave with me tomorrow to go to the airport.

I was scrolling through my phone while Chloe's in the shower. When suddenly... I saw an article that broke me... again.

*short update, next chapter coming in two to three days :) thank you for reading and being patient with me! I'm trying my best to update regularly as much as I can:)*