fourteen

alyssa's eyes grew wide at the site of luke's jaw clenching. she was too aghast with the sudden event. but she did find luke's jaw clench to be hot as hell.

"touch her and i'll end you." luke said through his gritted teeth.

"oh please, it was a nice act you pulled on me last week, hemmo, i must say." said a very familiar voice. alyssa was still locking eyes with luke, her eyes filled with panic while his was full of anger. alyssa saw on the corner of her eyes that the person had taken off its hood, revealing dirty-blonde curls.

that's when alyssa finally turned her head and got a full view of him. ashton. he had similar bruises like luke's but his looks worse, he had what looked like a scar near his lip. ashton winked at her when he realized she had been staring. alyssa cringe on the inside. but glared at him.

"i just want to talk." ashton said quietly.

"about what? taking me on a date and not going back to school or see me after? or making me part of your stupid fucking pact!" she scoffed.

"ugh, alyssa, listen, it's not like that okay. i didn't want to-"

"what the fuck are you doing?" alyssa asked. "do you think you can just come here? you're not wanted here, go away." she was clearly annoyed by his presence.

"sweetheart, that's no way-"

all at once, anger filled up her body and she pushed him off the chair with all her might and made him fall. when ashton turned around he looked so angry, but scared.

"you think i'm okay with me being part of your stupid crush game? get over it, ashton. also, do you actually think davina gives a shit about you?" alyssa let out a laugh as she looked down on him. "she doesn't, open your eyes. you're just one of her toys. she's turning you like her, making people toys." empathy quickly took over alyssa, she felt bad for poor oblivious ashton. she let out a hand for ashton, which he took and got up brushing off his bum.

"i was friends with her during freshman year, well outside-of-school type of friendship. the bitch used me for tyler." alyssa scoffed, a flashback taking over her head.

ashton looked down on his feet nodding in reply.

"listen, i'm sorry. i wish i didn't choose you. i kne-"

"will you just screw off, ashton. i don't want to hear you say you picked me just because i looked innocent and vulnerable and easy to fool because listen, i-i'm not i just-" alyssa furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"no. i picked you because, well, i thought you were gorgeous and you actually have a great personality and i wanted to get to know you better! you also have a nice a-"

"ashton. leave." luke finally spoke up, his voice sounded deeper than usual.

ashton opened his mouth to say something but luke slammed his hands on the table, making ashton jump. "i said leave." luke said glaring at him.

"hemmings, you need to fucking chill. alyssa if you got any more questions for me, you know where to find me." with that ashton walked away, leaving the two behind. and if you could look closely, you could see ashton's hand shaking in fear, it was the first time he had seen luke, one of his old friends, be that angry.

ashton was unsure, all that information about davina that alyssa just spilled. how could he be 'one of her toys'? what the hell does that even mean? ashton choose to shake it out of his head as he walked towards his car, was he just an oblivious fool?

"we should, um, leave." alyssa said grabbing luke's hand and rubbed her thumb over his.

luke nodded, they were finished their food anyway.

they both stood up and luke put his hands around alyssa' shoulders, which she leaned her head against luke. they walked like that until they got to luke's car when they separated ways when alyssa got on the passenger seat.

she turned plugged her phone on the aux cord and played do you know what i'm seeing by panic! at the disco. "this is my shit." she said. she smiled at the glimpse of luke softly giggling and shaking his head.

"this is so emo phase music." he said turning to look at her.

"shut up." she replied back playfully shoving him. "brendon urie is my love."

"oh please." luke rolled his eyes, "hey, nice work you did back there, didn't know you could be strong enough to push the mighty ashton." he reached over to were alyssa's hands were and entertwined their hands together. he saw alyssa look down on it and smiled.

she nodded and chewed on her bottom lip, "was he always like that?" she asked.

luke opened his mouth to say something but instead he shook his head. he frowned.

"hey, do you want to talk about it?" alyssa asked cupping luke's face with her free hand.

"yes. when we get home." luke forced a smile and faced forward turning on the engine.

alyssa furrowed her eyebrows, "wait, home?"

"yes?"

"luke robert hemmings, i did not agree to ditching school with you. take me to school now." alyssa folded her arms to her chest letting go of his hand.

luke then burst in laughter, so did alyssa afterwards. they stopped at a red light, "alyssa rose colvin turning down an offer to ditch school? bullshit!" luke dramatically gasped squinting his face at her.

"you're so cute when you do that, stop it." alyssa squinted her face back at him.

"but you're cute-er when you do it!" luke poked her cheeks. she could feel heat rushing to her cheeks then. they stared into each other's eyes for a few moments. his hand met hers, so their hands were entertwined again.

"i love holding your small, soft and fragile hand." he whispered kissing the back of her hand. alyssa blushed giving him a smile. that was enough for luke, to see that he had made her smile.

i know it's mad but if the world were ending would you kiss me or just leave me?

that ended when a few cars had honked at them, the lights had already turned green but luke was too distracted by alyssa to even realize. he had forgotten he's in a car on the road for a moment.

"you're a great distraction, you know that, alyssa?" luke gave her hand a squeeze.

alyssa shook her head, looking away as she smiled at how she is slowly falling in love with an annoying, attractive, aggravating boy she calls one of her good friends.

-

wowie this was probably bad but this is just a filler for the next chapter !! ! we get to learn more about the badasshton next chapter, so be ready B-)

((i listened to p!atd live album the whole day today sigh)) so the last bit was inspired by do you know what im seeing (the alternative version)

much luv x