an ordinary day

I walked out from the store and squatted to place my shasta daisy nearby the entrance. I look up at the clouds and wondered if i should water it early. Looks like it's going to rain anytime sooner. I stood up and close the door before entering. Katie has been busy with university and that makes me work alone the entire week. 

I quit working at the cafe and never once contact anyone. The workplace if far anyway and I don't want to travel home too late again. I vacuumed the entire store and started replacing everything back to it's place. I went upstairs and look around the pottery class.

It's been awhile.

I sat at one of the small chair that the kids would sit on. I held one of their tiny mug they made. I miss everything. Everything when it wasn't just an ordinary day, but those days when it was meaningful and beautiful. I held the mug and smiled as my eyes came across the name that it was carved. I miss those kids. 

I sighed then placed all the mugs in a tray before heading downstairs. So, here it goes. I opened the store's door and two teens turned to see me. "Omg, finally! it's been awhile!!" One told her other friend. I smiled looking at their expressions, not knowing a person would be excited for my store reopening. They bowed at me and i continued, "Wanna come inside and be my first customer after so long?" They nod quickly and followed me inside.

"It's so pretty, unnie. We don't really come here to buy things to be honest. We just love the store itself, it brought too much attention to us" the other one said and I amazingly look at them. I see, this make me come to a realization that there's nothing interesting for youths to come to the store for. 

"Ah I see. Then I'll make this your forever favourite and store from now on. I have new items, too. Just basic paintbrushes, canvas, and um maybe paints?" I said then open one of the three huge boxes. They are in awe and I laughed. "Do you think dresses would-"

"Whoaa... that's going to be so fun. We're so ready to see your store get more attention and recognize in Seoul itself" the same one said. "Hey? I never said anything yet... but hmm will you both be interested in being my first two models for my dresses then?" I laugh at myself saying unnecessary comments. 

They both looked at each other then nod quickly at me. "We should be really honored, shouldn't we, unnie?" the other one replied and I chuckled. I asked for their numbers and told them I'll text them to check their body measurements.

After the last customer left it was lunch time. I didn't thought of eating that makes me sit in front of my plain canvas on the easel. I wasn't in the mood to paint at all. I just want to clear things on my mind. It started pouring heavily outside that made me stood up quickly. 

I walked in front till I reached the glass window that's exposed with the road opposite my store. Looking at the raindrops the makes outsiders suffer without context. I sighed, lowkey wanted to be out there, getting drenched with someone and be happy together. I would want to feel appreciated once again.

I walked back to the sit and started painting whatever's on my mind. Oil painting would be nice. So, I poured primary colours on my wooden palette. I thought of a portrait so I started painting just as I thought it would definitely be you. I painted and painted without stopping to change any defects. After some point of time, I completed the portrait and sighed. 

It wasn't you, Hiroki. I'm sorry, I tried. That makes me realize, it's just some complete stranger that I painted. I placed the portrait on my easel to wait till it's dry. I washed my hands and closed the store door to turn on the a.c. I opened every blinds then sit on my chair at the counter place. I opened my phone and scroll through Pinterest to look for studies and exploration for trendy dresses.

After scrolling and scrolling, I actually regret having that thought. I don't have any fashion background anyway. I just took major in fashion design in first year at the academy and change it after finals. My results was alright but doesn't satisfy me. I hate how I need to buy my own fabrics and stay up late to come out with a perfect measurements for an outfit. I even bled my finger every week. It really wasn't my thing. I went upstairs and look for my sewing machine that I had.

It was surprisingly so dusty. I placed them on my desk. I look at my phone to see what fabrics I should buy. I went downstairs and realized it still raining outside. The portrait I made was completely dry that it would be a waste if I kept it in the store. 

So, I decided to place my entire easel near the glass window facing outside. I end of with my signature at the back followed by today's date, 1502. Putting it here would be a great idea. Who knows someone with this face itself would come in and surprised me. I laughed at myself and walked on the countertop to grab my bag with my phone.

I locked the door but didn't turned off the entire lights and a.c so people would know I'm out for a bit. I went to the few stores away to buy a mannequin and fabrics to try it out. It's draining so it won't be a bad idea after all. "Hey Luna-ah!! It's been so long" I opened the glass door of the store and was welcomed with Maria, a person who works in this store. 

We're close and used to have lunch together. Her parents own this store but she looked after it on the weekdays. We both hugged each other for a long time then let go. "I'm so happy you're back!" She continued and I can't do anything but to laugh. We both talked and talked.

She showed me some great fabrics and I bought three different design together with two female mannequins that's half figured. One of the fabric design that's in sage green colour had small flowers everywhere in white. Another one is a soft white with lesser small flowers around them in grey. 

Followed by the other one that's just a plain soft  grey fabric. "Do you know a good customize company for fashion?" I asked her while looking at the yarn section. I touched a few and thought I could possibly try knitting a cardigan later. "Of course. I'll send you their address and number later" I replied with thanks then take the huge lavender and sage green yarn to buy and she smiled.

I finished up and she walked with me to the store with my other mannequin. Before we walked closer to my store, I was taken aback with so many girls taking pictures and squealing outside my store. I turned behind and Maria was as confused as me.