charcoal

"Hey, morning. You woke up early today?" I swing open the entrance door and walked towards Hiroki. He smiled brightly and nod. I enter his car and he continued, "I got you hot tea and sandwich" He took the paper bag from behind my seat and gave it to me. "Whoa... Hiroki!!!" I took out the drink and take a sip. he started driving to the art store. Hiroki isn't someone who wakes up early and get breakfast unless someone drag him to. "You must've good dream last night" He giggled. "I envy you" I took a bite of the sandwich and shoved it to his mouth. He raised an eyebrow and took a bite. "I ate one already. That's for you" It's not like I don't know, I just want to share it with him. Such a bitch. 

I took one more bite and tasted something I would never expect. "Why the fuck is this avoca- HIROKI!!" I quickly swallow and gave a huge thigh smack to him. He snorted and I take a huge gulp of my tea. "Is this... is this about yesterday? Well at least you said you like it. You know how much I hate avocado right?" He chuckled again and continued, "Sorry. There's a powdered sugar doughnut inside. That'll be fine for you" He grinned. No matter how irritating he is, I know I can't hate him.

time skip.

"Should we do an offer for this?" Hiroki walked to me with a bouquet of baby breaths. I looked at the flowers he told me about. "Sure. No one's getting this if it's too expensive either way" He nods then start smiling at the flowers. "Continue trimming I'll be setting up the class". He okay-ed me and I left him with the other flowers for stem trimming.

"Luna! the twins are here" I heard Hiroki's voice from underneath and went downstairs to bring the kids up. The seven-year-old boys took the pottery lesson ever since they were about five. They were amazed by my pottery skills I did during a showcase outside of my store to publicize my pottery class. I made them try a few works and they were so impressed by it that boom! here they are. Hiroki and I hugged the twins and they continued after Hiroki leave, "Morning Noona, it's our birthday yesterday. This is for you and uncle". 

For us? it's their birthday not ours... I thanked the twins and took the paper bag from them. "I didn't know it's both your birthday yesterday, hm then looks like we should get you both something". The twins smiled at my comment and went upstairs. "What do you like as a kid?". I voice whispered to Hiroki and he looked confuzzled. "Not sure but it's the boys birthday?". I nod and scratch my temple. "Don't worry about it I'll help get them something" He replied and I couldn't do anything but to thank him. The other kids came and I brought them up.

time skip

It's about an hour of class right now. "Here, do it this way. You're doing well but just remember to softened your palm and just relax" I helped one of the girls who has been struggling. "Noona, where's my mug? Is it done, yet?" I turned and looked at one of the twins and smile. I never thought I would be this happy to have someone who has a passion of pottery as much as I do and that is, a seven-year-old boy, who have the love of arts. "It is darling, I'll return to you soon" I speak, looking at his mug I placed on the shelf near the kiln. 

"Luna" I turned around to see Hiroki walking towards me, while wiping his hands on his apron. "Yeah?" I answered. "Someone want his portrait to be done" I gave a confuse face and he just nod off. It's something I haven't been doing for quite a long time. "Go on, don't worry. I'll take over" I agreed to him. I taught him few basics before and that we both know he don't have art background to do people's portraits.

"How would you like your portrait to be done-" I asked someone who was standing still, looking at the shelves filled with my potteries mug. A tall, tanned skin. Black mullet with few blonde tips in front, followed by his full grey turtleneck that he tight them in with his black ripped jeans. He turned around and what caught my attention most was his uncovered nose white mask and his shades above his head. "Oil pai-"

"Charcoal looks good on you right now". He blinked his eyes repeatedly and he just went silent. "Sit here" I dragged a stool from my counter and brought him to my painting section. The art store is filled with transparency glass in all sides of the room that actually makes the store light but dim at the same time as I depend on the sunlight. It started pouring heavily even before I could start. I never had any awkward tension with my customers and that he was the first to break my record. Probably because he's as young as me. I've only paint portraits of elderly, adult couples or kids but rarely anyone around the 20s. 

"What makes you want to have your portrait done?" I asked, can't stand with the awkward situation. He gulped and started, "Uh... I'm running away from my guards". He said. "I see. A celebrity". I chuckled at myself after asking that. "Am I not familiar to you?". He looked away in disbelief. He must've been some mainstream idol but I don't really care unless he's someone I'm a fan of like Taeyeon. 

"Everyone is following the road that they are meant to take. But I still don't know what to do with my life" I sighed, talking to myself. "Even... if you're incompetent, just get in there, and tell the world, I'm here. I want to give hopes to the likes of me" He unexpectedly replied and I just act as if I heard nothing. Even though, his reply was the answer I need.

This time, he's just glaring deeply in my eyes with his sparkling eyes and it's still pouring heavily outside. I completed the last scratch and asked him for his initial. I wrote 'for LDH' at the top with pencil in case he would want to erased it away. I end off with my signature at the bottom right and look at his features on his face before standing up, thinking if I should tell him. I turned around and he look at me. "You have really pretty moles" he looked away quickly then touched his face and neck. "Any more take on? Just put them at the counter".

"Here's a hot tea for you" Hiroki gave a cup to the customer and I stood up to wash my hands. I turn around to Hiroki brightly smiling. "Isn't he Haechan Lee the singer our age?... He's your type isn't it?". I 'what' him and he pinch my cheeks. We both walked to the counter and packed the customer's items. I packed the pottery mug he took from one of the shelves and a pot of sunflower.

"It's $217 and do you want to register as a memb-". Hiroki sentence got cut off by two big and buff man walking inside with drenched black suit. Without us realizing, the previous customer hid himself underneath the countertop Hiroki and I was at. 

"Sorry to interrupt, have you seen a tall tan guy wearing a white turtleneck and black ripped jeans entering the store?". The description suits this customer legitimately that Hiroki looked at him. "Don't snitch, please" He shout whispered to us. Before we could reply to them, they hurriedly left the store and run out even though it's still raining heavily.

He stood up, stretching his back and curse underneath his breath. "which one was the dude that was talking?" He asked Hiroki and I. "The bald one" Hiroki replied and he annoyingly nod. He was about to pay when the same group of guys enter the store. He ran out in the rain even before he could pay. His bodyguards too, rushed out to catch him. Hiroki and I are just witnessing them through our glass windows. "He'll come back for sure. don't be mad" Hiroki rubbed my left arm, then laughed.