chapter forty one

"hey have you talked to hongjoong today? he's not picking up his phone" san furrowed his eyebrows in hope of wondering where hongjoong is.

"uhh no he's probably still out from last night. he was with seonghwa" wooyoung exclaimed still worried from the news he overheard during the party.

san, wooyoung and yeosang were all at a table making eyes with the food that was on their plates not worrying too much about the outside world.

until a small boy came and sat between the silence of the three boys.

hongjoong sat down and didn't say anything. his clothes weren't as dressed up as he would usually make them out to be. his hair wasn't usually as styled. he was just... hongjoong.

the three boys make complete eye contact to the boy in sweat pants and a hoodie.

"hongjoong?" yeosang finally speaks to the boy who stared at his phone in depth.

hongjoong looks up at the boy with a second of silence.

two seconds.

three seconds.

four seconds.

five.

hongjoong bursts out in tears. everyone at the table confused.

luckily the cafeteria was empty since it was the middle of the day and everyone had to go to their classes except for the boys at the table.

hongjoong leans to yeosang and crooks his neck into his shoulders for support.

yeosang had no clue what was going on in hongjoongs head nor what happened that had made hongjoong burst out in tears.

"h-hongjoong what happened bub!" yeosang grabs hongjoongs shoulder and looked straight into his tears brown eyes.

"h-he's l-leaving" hongjoong sniffed his nose struggling to get words out of his mouth.

"who's leaving?" yeosang grabbed hongjoongs hand as wooyoung looked down knowing who it was.

"seonghwa. h-he's leaving to japan... he's leaving me yeosang. he's leaving me here." hongjoong went down to yeosangs shoulder and huffed.

yeosang rubbed hongjoongs back knowing that he was sensitive and needed care.

"joong, i overheard jongho and seonghwa talking yesterday at the party. that's why i was asking you all those questions because it wasn't my thing to tell. i'm sorry joongie" wooyoung interwined his fingers as san rubbed wooyoungs back.

"are you sure he's leaving for good?" san exclaimed.

"yeah. he got a job offer and he didn't bother telling me about it because it's his dream. i know i shouldn't have gotten as dramatic as i was but we only have been together for such a period of time and all the m-memories we had he was willing to just... leave it. and wooyoung it's not your fault. i understand." hongjoong got up from yeosangs shoulder and took a deep breath.

"why don't we take you out? like you and yeosang did when san was over there cheating on me with felix?" wooyoung smiled.

"yah! i wasn't cheating. i would never cheat on my baby" san exclaimed as he grabbed wooyoungs face puckering kisses all over wooyoungs bare skin.

"okay okay stop it. it was a joke" wooyoung giggled as everyone else smiled.

" that'll be fun." hongjoong lifted up from his seat and grabbed his bag.

"w-what are you doing? are we leaving now?" yeosang furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"well yeah c'mon"