S E V E N T E E N

Start from the beginning

"Not so fast, darling." He jumped off the bench and ran after her. He quickly caught up to her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her up off her feet, she put her opposite hands on his arms, they were ankle deep in the water. They both laughed uncontrollably while he swung her around in circles before placing her back on her feet.

She leaned her head back onto his shoulder and they both slowly stopped laughing. She let go of his arms and he loosened his grip around her waist. Madeline then turned around to be face to face with the tall boy. Regulus had his fingers interlocked with each other at her lower back. She moved her hands up to rest them on his shoulders.

Madeline bit the corner of her lip trying not to smile, Regulus however had a big grin on his face then he let out a soft chuckle before leaning down to the point where their faces were an inch apart.

"Can I?" He whispers.

She nodded her head as she moved her hands to either side of his face pulling him in. Smiling into the kiss. In both of their heads the only thought was 'finally.'

After the long and perfect kiss, they slowly broke away from each other's lips and rested their forehead on the others and they stayed like that for a few moments.

"I've been waiting to do that for quite some time now." Regulus chuckled.

"Yeah?" She smiled.

"Oh yeah." He nodded his head, stepping back a few inches so they weren't so close and they could see each other.

"Me too." She bit the corner of her lip once again trying to the smile super uncontrollably.

"So. You wanna be my girlfriend." He said in a silly voice.

"I think I do. Yeah. Sure why not." She shrugged her shoulders.
(Guys it was sarcastic 😭)

He laughed at that then stepped closer to her again, placing one hand behind her back and one on the side of her face as he kissed her once again. Their lips moved perfectly in sync with each other and they didn't break away till they needed a breath.

~

Their walk back to the castle was sweet and short. They held hands the whole way and and had a few conversations, and when it was silent it was never awkward silence.

Madeline and Regulus stopped once they got to the corridor at the court yard.

"Alyssa and Camilla are gonna freak." She chuckled.

"So I take it you guys talked about this happening?" He smirked.

She bumped his arm. "Maybe." She smiled.

"Well the only person I've talked to about you is my cousin Narcissa. My friends aren't really ones for girl talk..." he rubbed the back of his neck.

"What does Cissy think?"

"Oh she's been routing for us for quite some time actually." He laughed.

"Alyssa said that if I didn't 'confess my feelings' for you by the end of the first two weeks back, she was gonna announce it to the whole school at dinner, I don't think she actually would have though." She chuckled.

"Well that would've been quite the show." He chuckled.

"Well I better get going. I'll see you at dinner."

"See you then." He smiled at her.

She walked backward holding his hand till she couldn't reach anymore then turned around. Once she turned the corner she ran to her common room.

~

Madeline burst through the painting, in the common area were her brother and the boys with Marlene and Lily. She ignored their commentary and went straight to her shared dorm with her two best friends.

Right as she ran through the door the two girls looked at her.

"What?" Alyssa asked.

"Why you out of breath?" Camilla chuckled.

She held up a finger to her friends telling them to wait. Madeline took a deep breath then shut the door.

"Regulus-me-walk-date-kiss-dating-hands-regulus-together" she said very quickly between breaths.

"I Um. What?" Camilla asked.

"Oh my god! Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Alyssa shouted

"What do you think she's saying?"

Madeline nodded her head then finally caught her breath. "Regulus and I kissed, and now we're dating. Like officially." She grew a big smile.

"Oh my god!" Camilla clapped her hands.

"Finally!" Alyssa shouted then laughed.

The three girls all crammed together on Camilla's bed and Madeline told them everything.

~

That night at dinner

Madeline sat next to Alyssa on the right side of the table so she could look at Regulus without turning around ever second making it obvious. Although sitting on that side didn't make it any less obvious.

"Oi, Mae. What is it you keep staring at? You never sit on that side." Her brother called out, everyone else listening.

"What? Nothing? Mind your business." She threw a napkin at him.

"Regulusaskedmadelineouttodayandshesaidyea." Cam said super fast. If you weren't listening you would've missed it. None of the group missed it.

"Oh my gosh yay." Lily smiled

"Thats exciting." Marlene added

And then the boys, well two of them.

"I'm sorry what?" James eyes widened.

"You've got a boyfriend?" Peter said sounding surprised. He knows as well as the other that she doesn't date.

Sirius looked back and fourth between Madeline and his brother at the table on the other end of the hall. Remus said nothing and stabbed at his food.

Madeline ignored them and didn't even look at Sirius and Remus's reactions. She was too embarrassed by Camilla just blurting it out.

~

A/n also someone pls stop me. I got paid yesterday and I'm blowing trough that check so fast. I bout leggings right when I woke up cause I saw a tik tok. I bought two swimsuits for work when I really don't need anymore and I'm about to buy a fucking lightsaber. I shouldn't have access to money.