Part One. Chapter 2.

Dallas

"I'm here. It's all okay." I heard Austin say. I couldn't believe he's finally back. It's all going to be okay. Life is back to the way it was before he left. I sighed into his arms and smiled. Okay.

My alarm clock rang and I sprang up. It's the first day of my last year at Lamberque High School. It's going to be a great year, a year of memories. Then, I remember I have to face it alone. Austin and I had planned to make this the best year. I pushed my thoughts aside and got out of bed. I shower and dress in jeans and my favourite blue flannel. I walked downstairs to see Cash making French Toast. He has never cooked before, it surprised me.

"Well look who's cooking," I teased him. I took a seat at our wooden table that relives the olden days.

"Yes. I have found a new talent. Aren't you so proud of me?" He sat down next to me with two plates and ruffled my hair. I scooched my chair away from him and laughed. I took a bite and, surprisingly, it tasted good.

"Wow. This doesn't taste like burnt toast." I recalled the time he tried to impress Mom and Dad by making toast. He ended up burning himself and the bread.

"Hey, I was 4. I'm glad you like it, though. You sure you don't want me to be your bodyguard today? I know it's going to be a little hard." Cash was really supportive of me when Austin went missing. He led me through everything, even if it included a few bloody noses and bruises. I finished my French Toast and put my dish in the dishwasher.

"No, I gotta do this on my own. And you have to attend your first day as Coach Cash." Our other football coach had quit, so they asked Cash to coach for a fair pay. I appreciated that my brother wanted to care for me but I feel like I have to do this on my own. I put on my shoes and said goodbye to Cash. He said to call him if I needed anything. I hopped in my old truck and drove to school. I passed the restaurant that Austin and I used to go to. I arrived at Lamberque High School and parked in the back of the parking lot.

"Senior year, baby." I touched the photo of us on my dashboard and hopped out of my truck. The old high school was the same as last year, a two story brick building. I ran up the concrete stairs and inside the double doors. I walked to Homeroom and found an empty seat next to a girl with short, brown hair that was reading.

"Hi. I'm Dallas." I introduced myself. She lifted her head from her book and gave me a small smile. She had deep brown eyes and a small nose.

"Hi. Ellie." She went back to reading her book. I sat in my seat and looked over the class. There was a group of three girls with blond hair, they looked familiar. Suddenly, the Blond Group was walking towards me.

"Dallas! It's Alison." I remember these girls now. Alison, Christy and Tiffany. They have always been the popular ones that are pretty, nasty, ruthless and players. As well as, the only ones in this town without a southern accent. They messed with Austin and I more than once. When he went missing, they said they were so close to Austin. It pissed me off. I decided on the fact that they wanted attention and left it at that. But I couldn't hide the fact that they might've had something to do with him.

"Alison. How was your summer?" I chose to play it cool.

"Totally amazing. Daddy rented a huge boat-" She was interrupted by Alice. Alice was the only one with short blond hair. She seemed to be a tag-along.

"It's called a yacht."

"Whatever. It was tons of fun. How about you?" Alison recovered herself. She knew what I was going to say so I gave her a smile.

"Nice. Cash and I played lots of football and had fun together." At the mention of Cash's name, they all were alert.

"How is Cash? I haven't seen him around. I've been worried." Tiffany said. It took everything not to roll my eyes. Cash and Tiffany used to mess around a bit but he was never interested.