Threats

I moved down the hall, I know I was late to the host club but I needed to speak with Chairman Suoh. I saw Sumida and his friends walking behind me but then I saw Ritsu looking down the hall. "Ritsu!" I skipped towards him and looked back to see Sumida and his friends gone. I smile and look at him.

"We were beginning to get worried about you." He stated as I linked my arm with his. "Specifically the Demon King." That part was muttered but I still caught it.

"Demon King? You mean Kyoya? What makes you think he is scary enough to be a demon king?" He shivered and I held back a chuckle. Kyoya may be powerful but he wasn't necessarily scary.

"I have seen him make threats in the past, and it apparently is worse now more than ever." He scoffed, we approached the Music Room and once we entered I saw Kyoya look up and stare. Not at me but my arm linked with Ritsu's. Ritsu let go of my arm and I went to the secondary room to change into a large shirt. Once I shed off the dress I assessed my bandages around my ribs. I slid on my larger shirt and pulled up some shorts and some knee high socks to hide any bruises.

I exited and made my way to my couch and sat down grabbing my larger book and continued the larger portrait of Kasanoda. He sat with me and a few girls sat in front of us. I smile softly, Tamaki mentioned Ritsu needed something cute to be by his side. Similar to Tamaki and Mitskuni, maybe I can turn this into a little show for the guests.

"Ritsu, how do you like me drawing so far?" I could see a tint of pink blossom over his cheeks and tips of his ears and I smiled nudging my shoulder against him. "I guess I could work harder, I have to get the full picture!" I began erasing some of the fine lines and fixed them up as the girls asked him questions. I held up my drawing of him.

"What do you girls think? I have a few more details to add but I think I may have gotten it better." They gawked and said how handsome he looked and I smiled turning to him. "Much better." I continued drawing sipping from some tea Ritsu had poured for me.

"Why are you wearing those clothes Niko?" One of the girls asked and I bit my lip.

"I got hurt, I can be quite clumsy sometimes. This way I can be comfortable and not be in as much pain as I am in those dresses." I smiled softly, she nodded and the all whispered 'poor thing' and 'good thing Ritsu is there to help.' I yawned and stood up, stating I would be right back.

Making my way back to my storage cabinet to retrieve some extra supplies I was stopped.

"Be careful of Kasanoda, you do realize who his family is?" Kyoya contained a bitter tone but I only dismissed it.

"He isn't like that Ootori, he isn't going to hurt me." I looked back realizing we wouldn't be seen by anyone. "Plus he referred to you as Demon King, saying something about you being threatening. With your behavior of leaving class immediately after I came in, leads me to believe you threatened Ritsu. Did you not?" I wasn't going to give him a chance to answer as I continued, "He has no intentions of bringing pain into my life, he merely is another host club member. You all are my friends and I want him to be the same."

I pushed past him and grabbed some more supplies. "Please just be careful, he is a lot more dangerous than what your naive brain can comprehend." My nose twitched and I glared at him.

"Naive? You must know I have done my research, just like I used to. Back off Ootori, you have insulted me. That is a new low especially when you stated before that you would keep your promise. Whatever has gotten into you needs to stop." I walked away shaking my head and returned to my spot next to Ritsu. Adding a few more details the guests began to leave I stayed in my spot as the hosts began a new conversation.

"Niko, its your turn to pick a name." Hikaru and Karou stood in front of me. I quirked a brow before Karou explained. "Secret Santa as the Americans call it. Thought we would get into spirit as we are nearing finals and Christmas." "You will have three weeks to get a gift for your person." I rolled my eyes grabbing a slip of paper and slid it into my bag. They skipped off and I set my drawing aside. I stood up when black dots covered my vision. I stumbled slightly and I felt arms hold me still. I blinked, looking up to see Ritsu.

"You almost fell over, let me escort you to the front so you can get your ride home." I could only nod allowing him to carry my bag and help me get to my car.

"Thank you Ritsu."

"Stay safe alright, don't forget to eat something light." He ordered, I only nodded getting in the car and held my bag in my lap. What was up with Kyoya today, not only did he insult me, but he dare to say Ritsu was dangerous. Taking out my phone I sent a long apology to Ritsu for Ootori's behavior and a thank you for being there to help me.

I held it tightly before getting out of the car and making my way inside. My mother came over and smiled at me as I stood still.

"And how was school?"

"Fantastic mother, I have become acquainted with the Kasanoda son. I will write up the information I gained from other students today." I stated staring straight ahead.

"See this is the behavior I want to see, if you keep this up we can bring success to this family." She made her way back and I went to the dining hall and sat down. Gomi and Tani smiled, nodding their heads towards me as they began telling me about their day. I stayed silent, I knew my mother was watching as I looked at my food. I took a bite, and a few more. Taking note that I should find some medicine shortly after this. She wouldn't poison the food now. Especially when I am finally acting the way she wants me to.

"Niko." Tani whispered, I turned to see my mother speaking with one our maids. I look at Tani and he held up a hand, paint soaked in his skin. I couldn't help but smile. We had to paint on our own time to avoid my mothers observant eyes.

I excused myself and began heading to my room, pulling out the slip of paper I saw Kyoya's name peak out. The twins must have planned this, if there even was a secret santa I could figure it out by texting Haruhi. Pulling out my phone once more I saw Kasanodas name flash over.

'No worries, maybe we can hang out sometime so we may get to know each other more.'

I smiled to myself sending a quick reply, I wouldn't mind hanging out with him. It may get me closer to finding out the solution to my problem. Shaking my head I find Haruhi's contact.

'So secret santa, I would be more than happy to pay for your gift to your selected person. Maybe we can go shopping at the yearly expo?'

Setting down my phone and bag I made my way upstairs to the bathroom. I smile as I see Tani's and Gomi's wall nearly done. I have to work on mine a bit more, but I will find time throughout the weeks.